This job posting is no longer active.
Nibras International School
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: Jun 29, 2022
Job Description Curriculum, Progress & Attainment Data Manager
Department: Academic Administration – Whole School
Line Manager: Principal
Key Relationships: Principal, Respective Phase Leaders, Heads of Department
To embed high Quality Control of Assessment and Progress Data as part of the Whole School Self Evaluation Process. Collation and analysis of all student performance data across the phases.
Our school is committed to ‘amazing learning’- providing enjoyable and meaningful learning experiences so that every pupil makes as much progress as possible. All staff are expected to adhere to NIS policies and code of conduct and commit to promoting our vision – ‘A happy community school with amazing learning at its heart where pupils are empowered to make choices, engage in meaningful learning experiences and make exceptional progress.
We are looking for a professional school Curriculum, Progress and Attainment Data Manager to ensure our children perform to the highest standard in school so they can focus on amazing learning. This will involve working with phase leaders and heads of departments to ensure student performance and progress is tracked and monitored regularly.
Key qualities and skills:
Core purpose of a School Data Manager:
The Data Manager’s priority is to support the academic welfare of pupils by initiating and maintaining a positive relationship with academic staff and school leaders in order to enhance the school’s academic mission of providing amazing learning. He/she is also responsible for engaging the academic staff in building cooperative partnerships for the sake of a pupil’s success. He/she is expected to develop a healthy, safe and productive environment in which pupils can achieve their potential, improve performance, attainment and progress.
Key duties include:
The School Data Manager must undertake various tasks, including:
● Assist in the deployment/development of the Academic Modules to ensure maximum benefit to the School and its staff to include CPD for staff
● Gather and analyze student level and school level performance data to support school self- evaluation, fulfill obligations to external bodies, provide information to parents and support the work of SLT
● Provide support for the development and input of assessment/reporting of the student information system in the academic administration department of the school
● Assist the administration of the school ensuring the promotion of an efficient, courteous and professional image for the School
Raise standards across subject areas through a wide range of strategies to include:
● Overseeing Whole School and Departmental Curriculum Reviews
● Coordinating with HODs on Curriculum Departmental Evaluations for DSIB/KHDA Inspections
● Promoting the use of teaching and learning processes that will enable students to achieve their full potential
● Setting teachers/students challenging targets
● Monitoring the performance of teachers and students to ensure those targets are being met
● Providing Staff PD on Curriculum and Target Setting
● Keep up to date with curriculum changes and advise subject staff and SLT appropriately
● Ensuring the curriculum meets the needs of all students
● Develop the use of Assessment Module to provide tracking, monitoring and performance analysis information to teachers, HODs, SLT, KHDA/DSIB/NEASC as required
● Set up systems and organize the collection and collation of assessment information to be used in target setting and reporting to parents
● Responsible for the accurate compiling and submission of annual school censuses and post-High School graduation learning aims
● Maintain an accurate and current database of assessment and curricular information
● Monitor the submission of relevant data by staff, reporting any persistent problems to the SLT
● Produce reports and analyze at the request of SLT ensuring that confidentiality is maintained
● Create and maintain student tracking systems via centrally held spreadsheets and/or assessment module mark sheets as appropriate
● Prepare statistical information to support school self-evaluation and accreditation
● Provide support to the Phase Leader/s /SEN/EAL/GT Inclusion Manager in their respective role/s
● Assist in designing comprehensive interface/ working practices for the school team
Reporting to Parents
● Develop and organize the school’s use of the student personal profiles reporting system
● Organize the data collection and collation for the student personal profiles
● Develop and implement efficient ways to communicate to parents, making good use of the latest technology
● Support the school admissions process in respect of maintaining related IT data collection systems, analyzing trends in applicants as requested by the SLT
● Undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined by SLT from time to time, in consultation with the post holder
● Take reasonable care of the health and safety of self, other persons and resources whilst at work
● Co-operate with SLT as far as is necessary to enable the responsibilities placed upon the School under the Health and Safety at Work Act to be performed, e.g. operate safe working practices
● The post holder’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy and other policies designed to protect employees and students from harassment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 3 years’ experience in analysis and reporting of student data to monitor progress and attainment
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description
Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
The International Schools Partnership
Nibras International School is part of The International Schools Partnership (ISP).
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our pupils, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA, Europe, Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and pupils from 2-18 years of age. We have now expanded to 45 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with around 45,000 pupils and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools as the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world who are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more pupils and staff to the group.
All our schools:
• Help children and pupils learn to levels that amaze them.
• Inspire children and pupils to be successful now and equip them to be successful later.
• Are truly international, working in partnerships within and across regions, cultures and languages.
• Aim to be the schools of choice for children, pupils and their families, wherever we are.
ISP and Nibras International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
Human Resources Office
Version: # 01
Page 1 of 5
Version date: January 2021