Leadership Development Specialist
, United Kingdom
Date Added: Jul 5, 2022
About the role
The role of the Leadership Development Specialist is to work with the ISP Learning & Innovation leadership team in researching, designing, and delivering leadership development programmes and interventions, that support the ISP Strategy through the growth of our existing and future leaders.
- Reports to the Group Head of Leadership Development and is a member of the ISP central team for Learning and Innovation.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of our core development programmes to build leadership capability.
- Using your leadership development expertise, identify new areas for our leaders and teams to grow; working with your colleagues, collaboratively design new interventions and experiences to meet these identified development needs.
- Collaboration with functional leaders to identify individual and team needs and capabilities – to provide courses & resources to improve performance and increase engagement with ISP.
- Work with your leadership development colleagues and experts from across the group, to further develop blended interventions for our 14 ISP leadership competencies.
- Support the leadership development team in helping ISP to leverage its branding to facilitate bold, first-in-class leadership programmes that develop leaders who can help to create Schools of Choice
- Responsible for the design and delivery of a virtual coaching skills programme to support a culture of coaching in ISP
- Responsible for the design and delivery of a virtual mentoring programme for leaders across ISP
- Responsible for designing and delivering our new global aspiring leaders programme to support the growth of our future talent.
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive Leadership Development and Coaching experience, ideally in a large complex organization.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Fluency in Spanish, written and spoken (desirable).
- Insights Discovery accredited (desirable).
- A collaborator and a communicator, who can build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Passionate about ISP and its School of Choice strategy and how the role of Leadership Development specialist contributes to this.
- Passionate about developing talent across ISP.
- Have a positive, impactful mindset, with a commercial and pragmatic approach.
- Can lead through modelling, coaching and influence.
- Flexible and adaptable, having the capacity to work towards a goal despite the ambiguity surrounding the role, responsibilities, and expectations.
- Creative and innovative and enjoys developing solutions for complex problems.
- A self-manager, effectively managing time and workload to meet the demands of the role.
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues, in ﬁnancially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues, and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools are located across the globe and educate children and students from 2–18 years of age. We have now expanded to 62 schools that employ over 8,000 staﬀ and deliver multiple curricula to over 50,000 students located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that can forge successful careers and lives, in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools to be the leading school of choice in their local area. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world that are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more students and staﬀ to the group.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are therefore subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal.
Background Checks or equivalent covering their previous employment including:
- An enhanced DBS disclosure / police check from country of residence / birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.
- The receipt of at least two satisfactory references.