Marketing and Communications Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Added: Jul 18, 2022
Purpose of Role
The Marketing and Communications Manager will maximise opportunities for admissions at the British School of Geneva and Ecole Mosaic, while also supporting the schools’ drive to increase retention.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be the link between the schools and the ISP Marketing team.
Management of Marketing Calendar
- Prepare and manage the school marketing calendar, working with the ISP Head of Marketing
- Responsibility for email and social media marketing schedules.
- Identify stories from within the schools and create engaging content to promote across a range of media, including online, email, social media.
- Build regular campaign emails to increase admissions enquiries.
- Keep school websites up to date.
- Act as the school’s social media expert and work with ISP and school Admissions Managers to set the social media strategy, create engaging and on-brand posts, and hit social media targets
- Identify social media influencers and relevant online communities and work with them to increase awareness of the schools.
- Continually review performance of websites, email campaigns, social media pages and landing pages and take a proactive approach to improving them.
- Working with the Admissions teams, organise and promote school open days, school tours and school events for prospective parents and visitors.
- Organise and promote parent open forums and information sessions in collaboration with the senior leadership teams.
- Attend external events, exhibitions and fairs to promote the school along with Admissions team
- Be present at all key school events and provide hands on support as required
- Work alongside the ISP Marketing Team to organise promotional gifts as required
School Communications & Brand Management
- Deliver a weekly school newsletter
- Assist in drafting other high-quality communications along with the Principal, SLT and heads of department
- Maintain stocks of school marketing collateral and order accordingly
- Maintain a comprehensive high resolution image library, organizing and managing photo-shoots as required
- Assist ISP Europe Marketing Team the design of new marketing and admissions materials
- Work with staff to ensure that branding is used correctly and consistently in accordance with school and ISP brand guidelines
- Ensure communication across the school is consistent and of a high quality
- Explore opportunities to improve media coverage in conjunction with ISP
Community and Business Relations
- Identify and source opportunities for partnerships in the local community with corporates and other relevant organisations.
- Help to foster and maintain strong parent relationships.
- Identify new ways to attract prospective customers, e.g. promotions.
- Act as a school representative, attending meetings with corporates and other influential local organisations.
Market Research and Strategy
- Assist in competitor analysis.
- Undertake regular reviews of online school directories.
- Help to build school marketing strategy, with Principals and ISP Head of Marketing.
- Provide support to the School Admissions team as and when required.
- Work alongside School Admissions to maintain strong parent relationships.
- Deputise for the Admissions Manager during sickness and vacation periods as required.
- In collaboration with Admissions Manager, report to the ISP Regional Office on school marketing activities.
Health and Safety
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school
- Driven and commercially minded
- Empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded
- Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent command of the English and French languages
- First class communication skills (written and spoken), with the ability to produce engaging written copy Organisation skills: well organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail
- Presentation skills with the ability to present in a concise and professional manner
- Ability to coordinate, collate and interpret data
- Excellent customer service
- Critical thinking
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and motivate others
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivated with a willing attitude to be a part of the school team
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Safeguarding and welfare of children
- A collaborative team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Record keeping and report preparation
- Interpersonal skills including tact, courtesy and patience
- Customer focused
- Systems experience:
- Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Hubspot an advantage
- Social Media and social media management tools
- Image editing tools (Photoshop, Canva, Indesign)
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.