Regional Head of HR South America
ISP South America
Date Added: Jul 20, 2022
Regional Head of HR South America
ISP has 11 schools located in Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Colombia, with ambitious growth plans for the region.
The Regional Head of HR acts as a business partner to the Region regional team and the portfolio of schools in the region. The role is responsible for the delivery of the ISP people plan and people services across the region. The position enables schools and employees in the region to experience the benefits of being part of ISP whilst maintaining cultural practices and legal parameters consistent with the local market. The delivery of the HR services, from payroll through to the promotion of the ISP brand, is the responsibility of the Regional Head of HR. As a key member of the regional team, the Head of HR will report to and provide close support to the Regional MD.
ISP Regional Head of HR Key Responsibilities
As well as supporting the Regional MD, the Head of HR will also work closely with the Group Head of Talent, Group Head of People Operations, Group Head of Leadership Development and Group Head of Teacher Professional Learning and Development, as well as HR Managers across the school network, to create and implement HR and talent management strategies aligned with ISP global and regional strategy and to ensure compliance with regional and ISP regulations that contribute to the success of the group.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Strategy and Leadership
- Plan, develop and deliver Regional HR strategy, direction, advice and support to regional School Leadership Teams and HR Managers, consistent with the ISP people strategy and aligned with global and regional ISP priorities.
- Develop, implement, and promote, as a member of the global HR/People team, the policies, practices, and behaviours which embed quality throughout the region’s schools and enable the region to deliver on its business strategy and achieve its goals.
- Ensure that people issues are given full consideration in all decision-making and are in alignment with business needs.
- Provide the metrics and prepare analytical and insightful reports in areas such as employee turnover, employee engagement, reasons for leaving, cost per effective hire, training hours per person. This data will be driven by the robust implementation and use of Cezanne and Jobvite in the region, as well as a data report consolidating of all information.
- Translate this data and insight into an effective and commercially focused regional HR and people strategy and share it whilst working with senior management and influencing them on the best course of action.
- Support and guide regional and school leadership in carrying out change and restructuring as required, ensuring that this is fully supported by well-considered and articulated communications to preserve school, regional and ISP integrity at all times.
- Assembling Talent
- Ensure that the recruitment standards in the region and schools are maintained to the highest practicable level, are professional and rigorous and are compliant with the ISP Safer Recruitment standards.
- Develop and align to standard processes to support managers in interviewing and selection.
- Commission and/or devise and deliver training and coaching to develop leaders and managers recruitment and selection skills.
- Participate actively in senior level recruitment for the region, including Head, Deputy Head and critical regional and school roles.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with external suppliers (search firms, recruitment agencies etc.) to ensure effective delivery against assignment brief and manage the budget for it.
- Promote the use of ISP’s global ATS to recruit, have pipeline and create useful data for the region.
- Talent Management and Retention
- Lead the regional talent review and succession planning processes in line with the ISP global approach.
- Oversee and manage the talent processes, services and tools, in strong partnership with regional school senior leadership and HR managers.
- Support and advise senior leadership on their talent development initiatives.
- Implement an effective regional leaver process to understand why employees leave and identify any trends or themes needing action.
- Create and implement retention practices for top talent.
- Promote an ISP identity in employees aligned to global policies and retention aspects
- Learning and Development
- Work in partnership with global and regional HR to implement and deliver a combination of core learning and development solutions targeted at various levels of the organization and aligned to business needs.
- Direct and manage the coordination of talent and leadership development to achieve regional and school goals and create an effective pipeline of talent.
- Lead and support on training needs analysis, manage the annual development plan and budget and ensure that all employees have individual personal development plans in place as needed.
- Actively promote interaction via The Learning Hub, as a key professional development mechanism and a means by which staff across the ISP school community can interact and support one another.
- Performance Management
- Drive best practice and advise leadership and management on all issues of employee performance.
- Ensure the performance review process is implemented effectively throughout the region so that employee benefit from goal-setting, continuous feedback and a focus on their own development, through our ISP HR System.
- Reward and Recognition
- Keep up to date with market salaries and reward practices to support with benchmarking for existing and new roles.
- Work closely with finance, global HR and the regional leadership team to implement the annual salary review process, supporting the creation of staff budget.
- Create and build a culture of recognition and non-financial reward throughout the region.
- Employee Experience
- Deliver the ISP employer brand and purpose, vision and values in the region.
- Promote a positive employee journey and experience through a start to end process.
- Create and deliver positive approaches to wellbeing in the region to drive physical and mental wellbeing.
- Manage the complete regional delivery of the ISP NPS and employee engagement surveys, including ensuring that Heads and Deputy Heads follow up with focus groups and action plans.
- Assess the impact people policies and procedures have on employee experience.
- Legal and Compliance
- Ensure all people processes and activities comply with regional and local legal requirements staying abreast of updates in employment legislation and best practice and acting to ensure any necessary changes are promptly and effectively implemented.
- Update policies and procedures regularly and as necessary ensuring compliance with local legislation and best practice and ISP benchmarks and guidance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Successful delivery as a generalist HR leader with responsibility for the full HR agenda, having successfully delivered within fast- paced, multifaceted, commercial environments.
- Experience being part of a Leadership Team during periods of exponential and rapid growth, ideally through acquisition.
- Have experienced, and been successful in, environments where there is little established HR infrastructure, as well as having experience of best-practice HR approaches.
- To have successfully led collective bargaining negotiations, to be well versed in HR policies, practices and procedures and be well-practiced in the application of country specific employment and labour law.
- Proven ability to take a business ‘on the journey’, where the goal is to create a forward-thinking and commercially aligned HR strategy.
- Fluent written and spoken English essential together with fluency in the regional language
- Down-to-earth and approachable, with clear personal energy and conviction, able to present their arguments challenge the status quo in the appropriate way.
- A genuine team player who is able to take a hands-on approach and enjoys being collaborative and visible within the business.
- Has the intellectual capacity and operational grip to ‘hit the ground running’ and deliver results quickly and efficiently.
- Clear commercial acumen, able to link the HR strategy to the business agenda and make complex HR ideas understandable to a non-technical audience.
- A clear understanding of compensation and benefits and able to lead on top-level strategy around this.
- Multi-tasker, capable of operating across a broad spectrum of activities.
- Negotiation, influencing and accurate communication.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.