Health and Safety Manager
, United Kingdom
Date Added: Aug 16, 2022
Purpose of Role
The Health and Safety Manager reports into the Group Health and Safety Director. This position is responsible for playing a key supporting role to the Group Health and Safety Director and all ISP Schools to ensure the effective management of health and safety throughout the organisation. The role demands an ability to build strong relationships with staff at all levels within our schools, external stakeholders and group headquarters, while delivering positive outcomes at the local, regional and international level.
- Support the Group Health and Safety Director in the yearly audit process, working towards carrying out yearly audits as and when required across the whole ISP portfolio
- Support the Group Health and Safety Director in the production of yearly audit reports along with action plans to assist each region in improving Health & Safety
- Support, monitor and assist regions in creating specific action plans for high audit tasks to take them through to completion
- Provide monthly regional safety reports for the Group Health and Safety Director to review
- Highlight significant negative safety trends and provide reports to support the trend so that action can be taken at local level
- Produce safety reports that assist users at local, regional and group level to interrogate the data and make informed decisions
- Set up users as directed by the Group Health and Safety Director
- Manage access so that users have the appropriate access for their role
- Set up and manage appropriate authorisation system for user set up, appropriate access and deletions
- Trouble shoot access issues at local, regional and group level
- Periodic data reviews to highlight data entry errors
- Inform users and provide follow up training where applicable
- Highlight errors to Group Health and Safety Director and provide information to show implications on monthly reporting
- Provide remote training in the effective use of the system as required at local, regional and international level
- Perform any related task that is assigned.
- To be fully effective, the role requires interaction with colleagues, partners and contractors at a variety of levels, including SLT, management, contractors and consultants.
- Adhere to the Business policies, rules and procedures including, Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities, all other legislative responsibilities, governance and financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance to the organisation’s Code of Conduct in the delivery and provision of services to staff and the community.
- Fluency in Spanish will be helpful in some regions, but not essential.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Must have worked at a senior level as a Health & Safety Leader in a school or a multi school business
- International education experience
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Spanish desirable
- Good communicator
- Disciplined and focused on targets and able to work in isolation
- Be driven and able to meet realistic deadlines
- Adaptable to different cultures and situations
- Flexibility in travel, happy to spend periods away from home
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues, in ﬁnancially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located across the globe educates children and students from 2–18 years of age. We have now expanded to 60 schools that employ over 8,000 staﬀ and deliver multiple curricula to over 50,000 students.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that can forge successful careers and lives, in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools to be the leading school of choice in their local area. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world that are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more students and staﬀ to the group.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.