ISP Mexico and Central America
CDMX, Mexico City, Mexico
Date Added: Aug 30, 2022
ISP Tax Manager Role Profile
Purpose of Role
Make sure that all payments made are real obligations in charge of the company for goods or services received.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Tax Manager Key Responsibilities
- Provides to all the accounting departments in schools information of taxes, deferred and corresponding accruals taxes to be accounted for.
- Verifies that all withholding taxes are properly determined and submitted to tax authorities on timely basis.
- Assures that the withholding taxes from employees are accurately determined and submitted to local authorities on timely basis.
- Verifies that the social security (IMSS) withheld from employees are accurately determined and submitted on timely basis.
- Calculates and submits the social security (IMSS) of the company on timely basis.
- Determines the deferred taxes according to IFRS in a monthly basis.
- Submits on monthly basis the trial balances of each school and company to the tax authorities.
- Prepares the monthly VIT tax returns.
- Attends any audit and/or requirements from external or governmental authorities.
- Designs strategies or plans in order to decrease or minimize the non-deductible expenses.
- Prepares the annual income tax returns, identifying accurately the deductible and non-deductible expenses.
- Prepares the annual tax projection for all schools for budgeting purposes.
- Determines the annual income (current and deferred) taxes for the corporate closing date.
- Keeps the company compliant with any tax and social security new laws or changes done in current regulations.
- Prepares the annual statutory social security (IMSS and INFONAVIT) reports.
- Supervises, evaluates and develops the staff under his supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Work under pressure
- Work for objectives and results
- Business Acumen
- Minimum studies: Bachelor’s in Accounting
- Fluent English
- Excel proficient (pivot, formulas, etc.)
- Netsuite Experience Desirable
- School Tax Regime Desirable
- Prior full-time working experience of at least six years in tax departments for international companies and or in tax consultant firms.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.