ISP Mexico and Central America
CDMX, Mexico City, Mexico
Date Added: Sep 6, 2022
ISP Accounting Manager Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The Accounting Manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Accounting Manager Key Responsibilities
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Five years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- English required
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.