Regional People Operations Partner Lead
REPORTS TO: Regional Head of HR, US & CA
LOCATION: Ontario, Canada
DIRECT REPORTS: No
Due to continued growth within the USA and Canada Region of the International Schools Partnership (ISP) we are looking for inspiring individuals who want to join us on this journey and become part of our regional HR/People Operations team.
Purpose of Role
We are seeking a motivated, driven, passionate Regional People Operations Partner Lead to join our regional HR team. Under the direction of the Regional Head of HR, you will be a true HR Business Partner who will wear a “generalist’s” hat and be the first point-of-contact for your assigned schools within our region. We currently have seven (7) schools situated in FL, LA, WA and Canada. The Regional People Operations Partner Lead will be assigned 2-3 schools, but this could increase with growth. You will work in partnership with the Heads of School, supporting them and their Senior Leadership team, the school employees and the teaching community as well as working closely with your colleagues on the regional HR team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have high attention to detail, a “hands-on roll-up your sleeves” approach, and the ability to think strategically, operationally, moving between multiple HR disciplines and managing a busy portfolio of work. The Regional People Operations Partner Lead will be someone who can manage their assigned tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume HR team/department, creating a positive HR customer service centered experience across your schools and working collaboratively within the regional HR team. Travel is required throughout the region.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Responsible for the full employee life-cycle, such as employee onboarding, offboarding and day-to-day HR needs during the employee’s tenure
- Partner with other regional HR team members to ensure all employee life-cycle tasks and responsibilities are completed
- Oversee of school HR compliance including but not limited, management and oversight of internal recording, reporting and management of onboarding requirements
- Travel regularly and as necessary throughout the region for “on the ground” in-school visits
- Identify HR “risks” and escalate these to the Regional Head of HR
- Escalate all employee relations to the Regional Head of HR, including any leave requests
- Cultivate and build relationships and partnerships with Heads of Schools, their Senior Leadership Team, school employees and teachers, utilizing a strong customer service centered approach; “the white glove treatment”
- In partnership with the Regional Head of HR, the Heads of Schools, and their Senior Leadership Team, assist with the management of annual performance development evaluations and the teacher self-evaluation process, providing performance development support as required
- Partner effectively with all levels within your area of responsibility, especially the Heads of Schools and their Senior Leadership Team to assist them in meeting their hiring needs
- In conjunction with the Regional Head of HR, assist with compensation benchmarking and the annual salary review process
- With the guidance of the Regional Head of HR, support the Heads of School in the running of the engagement survey and NPS process, including the sharing of results with the school community, analyzing and seeking further insight and participating in action planning
- Supporting the Heads of School and the Regional Head of HR with the identification, management, and development of talent within the schools in their remit
- Working with the Heads of School on the annual HR functional evaluation process, ensuring a thorough and accurate review and following up any necessary actions and areas for development
- Supporting with the onboarding of new schools into the region and your areas of responsibility
- Together with senior management, promoting diversity, equity and inclusion and a culture of wellbeing within your schools.
- Responsible for management of your assigned schools’ HRIS data, ensuring it is up-to-date and in order, working closely with the other members of the regional HR team and the Heads of School and their Senior Leadership Team
- Efficiently, effectively, and accurately use our HRIS system – currently Paycom and Cezanne
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned or requested
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Alignment with the mission, vision, values and principles of ISP.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member and cross-departmentally
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of the applicable federal, state, and local laws for your assigned schools
- Ability to learn and operate computerized HR technology (HRIS, ATS, etc.)
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Strong mathematical, analytical, problem solving. and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Consistently interacts positively with internal and external customers
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for extended periods of time
Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience in a related field
- Minimum of five (5+) years of progressive HR experience as an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner or HR Manager
Opportunities for the Successful Candidate
- The opportunity to work with a team of committed and supportive colleagues
- The opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from in the U.S. and from around the world
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.