ISP ASA Manager Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The After School Activities (ASA) Manager role is to take responsibility for generating revenue within a separate business unit with full P&L responsibility. The role is responsible for ensuring optimization of facility usage during and out of school hours, enhancing and improving the financial operations and governance of the school environment. The ASA Manager is responsible for the effective smooth running of the various activities within the After School programme. The incumbent directly oversees operations, planning and developing programs that provide immense value to participants as well as increase profitability by promoting the ASA programmes within the school
The objectives for this position include:
- Optimizing overall profitability
- Creating a positive relationship with clients and stakeholders
- Creating a culture of accountability which supports the organizational values
- Meeting or exceeding annual growth objectives
- Facilitating interdepartmental collaboration
- Employee retention and staff development
- Development of employee and operating policies
- Implementation of major business initiatives
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP ASA Manager Key Responsibilities
- Analyze operations to evaluate the performance of the company and its staff in order to meet objectives, and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program/revenue improvement, or policy change
- Direct and lead the team in becoming the best provider for after school activities
- Confer with ownership, Sports Facilities Management advisors & support team, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems
- Coordinate the development and implementation of budgetary control systems, recordkeeping systems, and other administrative control processes
- Direct and coordinate the organization's financial and budget activities in order to fund operations, maximize investments, increase revenue and improve efficiency
- Direct, plan and implement policies, objectives, and activities of the organizations in order to ensure continuing operations, maximize returns on investments, and increase productivity
- Implement corrective action plans to solve departmental problems
- Prepare and present reports concerning activities, expenses, budgets, government statutes and rulings, and other items affecting businesses or program services to Regional Office
- Represent the organization and promote its objectives at official functions, or delegate representatives to do so
- Serve as liaisons between organizations, shareholders, and outside organizations
- Administer programs for selection of any site location, potential needs, and provision of equipment and supplies
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses concerned with planning, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of programs
- Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements with third party vendors where required
- Develop annual budgets for approval, including those for funding and implementation of programs
- Review reports submitted by staff members in order to recommend approval or to suggest changes
- Schedule and monitor continued training seminar for staff on various operational, safety, and legal responsibilities
- Any additional duties assigned by ISP regional
- Lead Business Development function
- To communicate a positive and confident vision for the team
- To identify training needs aligned with performance goals
- To agree on challenging yet realistic performance targets and goals for the team and its individual team members and monitoring the achievement of these targets
- Strong team leadership and ability to coach, mentor, train and develop team members
Health and Safety
- Emphasizes the importance of safety in all areas of the curriculum, communicating to the pupils the importance of a responsible attitude towards personal safety, the safety of others and respect for The Hamilton International School’s property and equipment
- Perform playground duties on time and with due diligence to safeguard Hamilton students
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school
Other duties and responsibilities
Any other duties that may be required from time to time. These are typical work responsibilities, but responsibilities are not only limited to the mentioned ones. ISP ME reserves the right to add or change responsibilities by communicating in writing to the employee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in from an accredited institution
- Degree in business management, sports management, marketing, hospitality, food and beverage, related field, or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum 7 years’ experience
- English is mandatory
- Arabic is an advantage
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Prior responsibility/experience in daily P&L management and budget oversight responsibility of QAR 4M or greater
- Proven experience in organizing, booking, and operating sports tournament, after school programmes and events; including but not limited to basketball tournaments, volleyball tournaments, and similar activities
- Experience working with convention & performing arts, regional sports commissions, and/or regional event management booking in a regional sports and/or convention center
- Operational knowledge of risk management, entertainment, and sports clubs, as well as parties, corporate events, teambuilding, and leadership development
- Sports programming and sports event operations expertise
- Excellent communication and people skills at all levels
- Ability to coordinate and collate data
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- A dynamic, positive approach to deliver the school’s vision
- Self-motivation and ability to take initiatives
- Demonstrate an understanding of & commitment to our best practice model
- Good knowledge and information of school operations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff
- Presentation skills with the ability to present information in a concise and professional manner
- Organization skills: well organized and able to prioritize tasks and workload
- Customer service
- Critical thinking
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and motivate others
- Willing attitude to be a part of the school team
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Safeguarding and welfare of children
- A collaborative team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Behaviour management
- Demonstrated competency to use computer applications related to the role, including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Record keeping and report preparation methods
- Interpersonal skills including tact, courtesy and patience
- Customer focused
- Willingness to undertake appropriate Professional Development
- Empathetic listener and patient
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded
- Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible and a can-do attitude
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work that is not specified in this job description. Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
The school will endeavor to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition. This job description is current at the date shown, but, in consultation with you, may be changed by the Principal to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
As a member of the staff of THIS you will need to comply with the below:
- Compliance with the school's Vision, Mission and Policies
- Positive Professional Relationship with all staff members are maintained.
- Contact with students is on a strictly professional basis with the physical and emotional safety of students being of paramount importance.
- The hours of work as arranged with the principal are strictly followed.
- This position entails working with information, much of which is held in confidence. Under no circumstances is this confidentiality to be compromised.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
The Hamilton International School is part of The International Schools Partnership (ISP).
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our pupils, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA & Canada, Europe, Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and pupils from 2-18 years of age. We have now expanded to 48 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with around 45,000 pupils and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools as the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world who are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more pupils and staff to the group.
All our schools:
- Help children and pupils learn to levels that amaze them.
- Inspire children and pupils to be successful now and equip them to be successful later.
- Are truly international, working in partnerships within and across regions, cultures and languages.
- Aim to be the schools of choice for children, pupils and their families, wherever we are.
The Hamilton International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All shortlisted candidates and post holders are subject to appropriate International Criminal and Child Protection Background Checks or equivalent, covering the previous 10 years of employment history. The Hamilton International School recruit teachers in several ways including direct application to the school and through international teacher recruitment agencies and organizations.