ISP Accounts Officer/Purchasing Officer Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The Accounts Officer is responsible to provide financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data, preparing reports.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Accounts Officer/Purchasing Officer Key Responsibilities
- Processes and manages the purchase order and purchase requisitions
- Budget checks against the purchase order and purchase requisitions submitted to Finance
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Assist the Senior Accountant with debtors’ collections, invoicing and Accounts Receivable
- Assist the Accountant with supplier payments
- Facilitates the authorisation of documents between Finance, Senior Administrator, and all departments across the school
- Completes external audit by analysing and scheduling general ledger accounts, providing information for auditors
- Work as a team member sharing expertise, ideas, and information
- Reports to the Line Manager on administrative and personnel issues and grievances
- Ad-hoc duties as required by Finance and Administration Manager
- Assist with the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance
- Coordinate annual asset verification program
- Manages the master sheet of all contracts and subscriptions across the school
- Facilitates the collection of all ASA and Inclusion related information for monthly billings
Other duties and responsibilities
Any other duties that the Principal may from time to time ask the post-holder to perform.
Qualifications and Experience
- English is mandatory
- Arabic is an advantage
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Finance or Accounting Certification not negotiable
- At least 5 years of working experience within Finance in a similar role
- Attention to Detail
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Time Management,
- Data Entry Management
- General Math Skills
- Excellent English
- Presentation skills with the ability to present information in a concise and professional manner
- Customer service
- Critical thinking
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and motivate others
- Confident leader who is adept to coaching others
- Willing attitude to be a part of the school team
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Safeguarding and welfare of children
- A collaborative team-player with excellent management skills
- Behaviour management
- Ability to coordinate & collate data
- Record keeping and report preparation methods
- Interpersonal skills including tact, courtesy and patience
- Maintain strict level of confidentiality
- Willingness to undertake appropriate Professional Development
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail
- Ability to function strongly as an individual and as a member of a team
- Pursuit of excellence in every detail
- Strong organisational abilities and time management skills, including the ability to succeed in a busy and fast paced environment
- Initiative, drive and ability to problem solve
- Ability to manage a varied and complex workload
- Self-motivation and ability to take initiatives
- Capacity to be flexible
- Demonstrate an understanding of & commitment to our best practice model
- Good knowledge and information of school operations
- Ability to deal effectively with all staff and parents
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, parents, and students
- Knowledge of practices, policies and procedures involved in the functional areas assigned
- Understanding of laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities
- IT Infrastructure knowledge and awareness of advancements
- Empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded
- Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible and a can-do attitude
- Driven by wanting to improve quality and develop the school
- Reliable with an attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- An innovator with a willingness to embrace change
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work that is not specified in this job description. Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
The school will endeavor to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition. This job description is current at the date shown, but, in consultation with you, may be changed by the Principal to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
As a member of the staff of THIS you will need to comply with the below:
- Compliance with the school's Vision, Mission and Policies
- Positive Professional Relationship with all staff members are maintained.
- Contact with students is on a strictly professional basis with the physical and emotional safety of students being of paramount importance.
- The hours of work as arranged with the principal are strictly followed.
- This position entails working with information, much of which is held in confidence. Under no circumstances is this confidentiality to be compromised.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
The Hamilton International School is part of The International Schools Partnership (ISP).
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our pupils, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA & Canada, Europe, Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and pupils from 2-18 years of age. We have now expanded to 48 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with around 45,000 pupils and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools as the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world who are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more pupils and staff to the group.
All our schools:
- Help children and pupils learn to levels that amaze them.
- Inspire children and pupils to be successful now and equip them to be successful later.
- Are truly international, working in partnerships within and across regions, cultures and languages.
- Aim to be the schools of choice for children, pupils and their families, wherever we are.
The Hamilton International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All shortlisted candidates and post holders are subject to appropriate International Criminal and Child Protection Background Checks or equivalent, covering the previous 10 years of employment history. The Hamilton International School recruit teachers in several ways including direct application to the school and through international teacher recruitment agencies and organizations.