JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job Title: School Receptionist
Reporting to: The Headteacher
LOCATION: The British School of Almeria, Roquetas de Mar. (Spain)
BACKGROUND: The British School of Almeria was founded in 2007, under the original name of St. George's School and formed part of a group of 5 schools in Malaga, Almeria, Seville, Madrid and Barcelona. St. George Andalucía was purchased by the International School Partnership in July 2018 and our school in Roquetas de Mar was officially renamed to The British School of Almería in March 2019.
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in schools around the world. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP has now expanded to over 50 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations, located across the globe.
REPORTING TO: The Headteacher
- Adhere to global ISP Principles and follow the criteria set out by International School Partnership
- Under the reasonable direction of the Headteacher and her Head of Administration, carry out the professional duties of a school receptionist.
- Interact with teachers and other staff members to answer questions or resolve issues.
- Provide administrative support to the whole school community including translating of documents wherever required by the school.
- Be proactive in school communications including answering telephones, emails and receiving visitors at the school reception and provide good customer service.
- Maintain school records up to date such as school registers, school calendars and student files.
- Adhere to the school Health and Safety policy when receiving visitors to school.
- Show excellent organisation skills within the office environment.
- Adhere to and promote school policies and procedures, Health & Safety, Safeguarding etc;
- Work with the Headteacher and the Admin team by sharing ideas on good practice;
- Keep up to date with developments within the school calendar.
- Be flexible for playground and lunchtime duties and responsibilities if required.
- Participate in continued professional development,
- Be an active member of the school community to support its vision, school values and its dedication to Constantly “getting better” and promoting amazing learning opportunities.
ROLE- SPECIFIC DUTIES
- To answer teacher, student and parent queries at the front desk.
- To be proactive in reception and work closely with colleagues in admin to ensure the smooth running of the school office.
- Translation of documents as required by the school and take on active role in the Parent Informative Platform.l
- To ensure that school records are kept up to date and report to the Head of Admin with monthly reports as required within the timescale set.
- Maintain good relations with parents and show professional conduct at all times.
- To be available to help out with cover/patios and translations ( including parent evenings) if required.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
This job description is current at the date below but will be reviewed on an annual basis and following consultation with you, may be changed to reflect or anticipate changes in the job requirements which are commensurate with the job title and grade.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A 10 year background check is required for this post from all countries worked in prior to this post.
All applicants who have previously taught in the United Kingdom are required to submit an ICPC certificate prior to their start date
The Person Specification is related to the requirements of the post as determined by the Job Description. Short listing is carried out on the basis of how well you meet the requirements of the Person Specification. You should refer to these requirements when completing your application. Short listed candidates will be required at interview to complete a variety of activities directly related to the Person Specification, forming an evidence base for the appointment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Qualifications in Administration preferred but not essential
- Graduated from Secondary School with sufficient pass grades in core subjects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A willingness to be flexible and adapt to the ever-changing needs of the school and its pupils
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the successful development of the school
- Fluent in Spanish and English ( Essential)
- Flexibility with hours