This job posting is no longer active.
Nibras International School
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: Oct 4, 2022
Reports To (title)
The purpose of the role of Driver is to support all staff with driving duties as operationally determined. The incumbent is required to maintain and inspect the vehicle to keep it in a continuous working condition. They are required to be up to date with all traffic rules and regulations and ensure these are followed without exception.
· Drives light vehicle to transport teachers and staff along a scheduled route to/from School in a safe and efficient manner.
· Transports passengers to events locally or within the UAE.
· Meets and assists new employees and guests at the airport; transports new employees on their first week from/to accommodation /School
· Delivers office material and mail to offices and arranges for pickup and collection of articles
· Deliver important documents to required destinations
Safety & Maintenance
· Performs routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including cleaning interior and exterior, checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers and water and tire pressure.
· Makes pre-trip inspection of vehicle in compliance with federal and local regulations.
· Keeps the vehicle and its equipment clean and in good working order and reports any damages to management.
Health and Safety
Communication & Working Relationships
Knowledge & Skills
Minimum Educational Qualifications Required for the Role
High School Certificate, or equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience Required
4 years’ total driving experience
2 years’ experience in a School (included in 5 years’ experience)
English is mandatory
Arabic is mandatory
Special Skills and Abilities
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including tact, courtesy and patience
· UAE Driving License
· Knowledge of UAE Traffic laws
· Customer service
· Safeguarding and welfare of children
· Positive Driver safety record and clean license without any endorsements
· Basic internet skills including use of e-mails
· Intercultural awareness
· Flexible and a can-do attitude
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
The International Schools Partnership
Reach British School is part of The International Schools Partnership (ISP).
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our pupils, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA, Europe, Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and pupils from 2-18 years of age. We have now expanded to 45 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with around 45,000 pupils and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools as the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world who are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more pupils and staff to the group.
All our schools:
Reach British School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All shortlisted candidates and post holders are subject to appropriate International Criminal and Child Protection Background Checks or equivalent, covering the previous 10 years of employment history. Reach British School recruit teachers in several ways including direct application to the school and through international teacher recruitment agencies and organizations.