Description of school
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Gardens opened its doors in 2013, offering international programmes for Early Years, Primary and Secondary-aged students. The school caters to students aged 3 to 17 years from around the world. Tenby schools are also part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP), which is a UK-based, rapidly expanding British group of schools that have a growing number of schools around the world. The school teaches the International Primary Curriculum and UK National Curriculum which culminates in the Cambridge IGCSE qualifications. The school is focused on the holistic development of the students that attend to become global citizens that have the skills and confidence to compete in the 21st century.
- A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from non-academic staff.
- Access to expertise, best practice sharing, and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
- A commitment to employee well-being.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Fee discount for children of employees
- Medical outpatient and insurance benefits
- Personal Accident insurance coverage
Purpose of Role
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced International Primary Mandarin Teacher to join our dynamic teaching team to provide quality teaching and learning for our students.
Begin with our children and students.
Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect.
We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Plan and teach Mandarin across the secondary section of the School.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Possess at least a relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree with a postgraduate qualification in teaching
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience preferably with experience in an international school.
- Patient, responsible, and passionate about teaching
- Computer literate with good interpersonal communication skills
- A team player and flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin with the ability to communicate in English
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
How to apply
Closing date to apply: 30 November 2022
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph, and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to [email protected]
You may also submit your application through:
For more information about Tenby schools please visit our website at www.tenby.edu.my
Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date: 30 November 2022