Established in 1960, Tenby Schools Ipoh was the pioneer of the 6 Tenby Schools who are now part of the International Schools Partnership. We have over 1,000 students typically representing about 30 nationalities situated on a 13-acre campus, offering IPC, IGCSE, A level and SPM programmes as well as 70 co-curricular activities. Through our passion for Amazing Learning, our students are consistently high achievers in academic results, sports and music. We are a proud member of the Malaysian Future Leaders School.
We are committed to providing work life balance to our staff and Getting Better is our philosophy. In Getting Better the school actively supports the continuous professional development of staff. As a school under the International Schools Partnership, we share best practices and resources with over 50 schools around the globe, and career advancement opportunities beyond borders are also constantly open to ambitious individuals. We are a tight-knit community extending to our Parents and other stakeholders and are supported by our Social and Welfare community groups. Pastoral care is extended to support both the wellbeing of students and staff.
- A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from non-academic staff.
- Access to expertise, best practise sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
- A commitment to employee well-being.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Fee discount for children of employees
- Medical outpatient and insurance benefits
- Personal Accident insurance coverage
Purpose of Role
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced Mandarin Teacher (National and International Secondary) to join our dynamic teaching team to provide quality teaching and learning for our students.
Begin with our children and students.
Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect.
We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Teach Mandarin in National and International Secondary:
- with the ability to teach SPM and IGCSE Mandarin
- with the ability to offer a second subject is an advantage
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Possess at least a relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree with a post graduate qualification in teaching
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience preferably with experience in an international school
- Patient, responsible and passionate about teaching
- Computer literate with good interpersonal communication skills
- A team player and flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin and English
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.