Finance Assistant-Cashier Role - UAE Nationals
ISP Middle East
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: Nov 22, 2022
ISP Finance Assistant-Cashier Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The role of the Finance Assistant-Cashier is to support the Finance & Administration Manager in maintaining and enhancing the school’s financial resources by maintaining control over Engage-Fees. The incumbent supports the Finance & Administration Manager during audits and preparing month-end reports for ISP.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Finance Assistant Cashier Key Responsibilities
- First point of contact with parents concerning financial accounts of students
- Issuing school fee invoices to parents before start of academic year
- Collecting all types of payments from parents and post to system
- Maintaining student accounts, journal daily transactions on Engage-Fees including Cash JVs
- Daily fees collection reconciliation, with balance posted to the bank on a daily basis
- Produce receivables report for Finance and Admin Manager on daily basis
- Assist with cash payments to staff for expense claims
- Follow up with other accounts receivable like debtors for canteen, uniform etc
- Reconciliation of Post-Dated-Cheques schedule
- Assist with cash management queries/ any other GL queries for annual audit
- Correspond with companies who pay school fees for their staff’s children
- Sending outstanding payment warnings to parents, correlate with Registrar on procedures and blocking student account with KHDA
- Any other accounting/administrative task assigned by the Finance & Administration Manager
- Assisting other admin team members where needed for school events
Health and Safety
- Emphasizes the importance of safety in all areas of the curriculum, communicating to the pupils the importance of a responsible attitude towards personal safety, the safety of others and respect for Star International School’s property and equipment
- Safeguard Star students.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting from a reputable University
- English is Mandatory
- Arabic is an advantage
1 years’ Finance experience
- Dubai school experience an advantage
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
Star International School is part of The International Schools Partnership (ISP).
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.