This job posting is no longer active.
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date Added: Nov 24, 2022
The Opportunity to work with amazing students and adults in a genuinely caring, collaborative and outstanding learning environment.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Head of Computer Science who will join the Secondary International Section to help us develop the Computer Science Curriculum, lead on whole school Educational Technology and help deliver our ‘Bring Your Own Device’ Policy to benefit from the legacy of successful online learning at Tenby. If you want to be part of our passionate and dynamic Middle Leadership team, you will need to be learning focused and knowledgeable about the process of learning beyond your subject. You will also be able to inspire and lead the practice of others, be an outstanding collaborator and have the ability to strategically plan, communicate and deliver your vision to the wider community.
We are a unique campus, home to Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary, and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE, IGCSE and A Level) and a Malaysian Private School, Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum). The campus welcomes over 2000 amazing students, aged from 3 to 18 years and from 38 nationalities; with 1350 attending the international school, 600 of whom will be in the primary school. We celebrate being Asian and love the fact that we combine international thinking to create a diverse and exciting campus.
We believe in creating “Amazing Learning Experiences” for our communities. We work collaboratively to help children be ready for the world and the contribution they can make locally and globally. Our students go on to some of the top universities in the world and if they don’t, go into careers and colleges of their choice.
We are a member of the prestigious Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA), hold certificates for CIE, AQA, IPC, Microsoft and Duke of Edinburgh's Award and are one of only 15 schools in Malaysia to hold the Green Flag Award.
About our Group
Tenby Schools SEP is proud to be part of International Schools Partnership (ISP) a fast-growing global schools’ group in six clusters across the world; Europe, Mexico & Central America, the Middle East, South America, Southeast Asia and the USA. Our Regional cluster includes other Tenby schools across Malaysia. We are the ISP (International Schools Partnership’s flagship school and as such are expected to lead and support the other schools in their group and globally with the aim of getting better together.
This role offers the successful candidate the chance to grow professionally and personally in an environment where progress and achievement are married with compassion and care for every member of our community.
We are looking for someone who:
- Puts children at the heart of everything they do.
- Is passionate about Computer Science and driven to bring the curriculum to life in engaging and exciting ways.
- Experience of planning and delivering high quality GCSE/IGCSE and A Level Computer Science is essential, including evidence of student progress across all key stages.
- Has experience of designing a Computer Science curriculum and the knowledge to keep it up to date in a rapidly developing sector
- Has excellent knowledge of using Python.
- Is self-reflective and wants to improve as an individual and as a leader.
- Has the skills to be an inspiring leader with a proven track record in leading improvements in a department or across the school.
- Can establish strong and positive relationships with others and looks to work in teams.
- Is able to effectively support other teachers with their personal and professional development.
- Is a strong communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others.
- Is dedicated to growing the child including a clear commitment to child safeguarding
In return we offer:
• A culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected.
• A passionate, positive, highly skilled, and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
• Clear and concise goals and a framework to successfully grow your department
• An embedded trust and commitment to personalised professional development and a commitment to serving others.
• A peer network of like-minded leaders.
• A genuine care about your health and wellbeing supported by
• Great employee benefits.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
• Medical cover
• Relocation allowance
• Fee reduction for children of employees
• Medical insurance
• Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years of employment history.
Co-operates and works with relevant agencies to establish and maintain systems to protect children. We are responsible for ensuring the welfare, health, and well-being of all children and young people. Creates a vigilant organisational culture which monitors and prioritises the safeguarding of children and young people above all considerations.
Initial interviews will be completed through Microsoft Teams. Final interviews may be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is 28th February 2023 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. Only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)