ISP Onboarding Finance and Project Manager Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The ISP Onboarding Finance & Project Manager reports directly into the Regional Managing Director to effectively onboard new schools (both acquisitions and greenfields) into the ISP Group.
The role is made up of two parts:
i) Onboarding Project Manager
During phase one of the onboarding process, this position ensures that the onboarding plan is built timely for the school, region and group. During phase two, this position ensures that the plan is applied and delivered. The Onboarding Project Manager will be supported by the Group Onboarding Team to ensure a consistent onboarding approach is adopted across the group and best practice methods are shared.
ii) Onboarding Finance
The role will have a dotted line to the Regional Finance Director and will be responsible for actioning the finance onboarding tasks. They will be the main point of contact with incumbent finance teams or help embed new finance team members as applicable.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Onboarding Project Manager Key Responsibilities
- Understanding of new acquisition/greenfield
- Review the investment paper
- Review the due diligence reports
- Stakeholder management
- Building relationships to enable effective influencing of project delivery
- Actively engage all key stakeholders and partners, ensuring that timely and accurate decisions are made to maintain deadlines
- Overseeing the flow of tasks and identify potential issues for proactive intervention
- Management of Monday.com (project management tool)
- Arrange training for staff new to the application
- Creation of boards for new acquisitions/greenfields from agreed templates
- Tailor the boards with the risks/tasks specific to the acquisition/greenfield
- Keep abreast of changes within Monday.com to ensure any impact on board management is identified and planned appropriately.
- Leading regional and divisional onboarding update meetings
- Creating agenda
- Highlighting risks
- Chairing meeting
- Recording minutes and actions
- Updating Monday.com
- Hold people to account for agreeing timelines and then delivering to those timelines
- Chase up tasks without agreed timelines in place
- Lock timelines once agreed by stakeholders
- Report on actions in danger of or exceeding agreed timelines
- Feedback to Onboarding management
- Ensure consistent data is collected for improvement and reporting purposes
- Propose improvements to process for consideration by management team
- Collect, review, and consolidate feedback from stakeholders and report to onboarding management team
- Working Rhythms
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones to support other regions onboarding if additional resources are required and capacity allows.
ISP Onboarding Finance Key Responsibilities
- Reporting, Compliance & Control
- Onboarding of the School into the wider ISP network, ensuring policies and procedures are adopted and ISP practices are followed
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly and annual financial information.
- Ensure timely and accurate production of month-end numbers and reporting which include Profit and Loss account, Balance Sheet and Cashflow.
- Design internal control systems for all functions in the school to ensure the safeguarding of regional assets and monitor and enforce internal controls.
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Support the preparation and submission of the school budget and in year reforecasts
- KPI and performance monitoring to identify any areas for improvement
- Assist the group with gathering data and preparing reports for key personnel as requested.
- Undertake such other reasonable responsibilities and tasks that may, from time to time, be assigned by the Regional Finance Director and other key stakeholders.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A methodical, highly organized approach to the execution of assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Chartered accountant or equivalent
- Strong technical accounting skills, comfortable with system integration and implementing chart of accounts
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to build good working relationships with all members and levels of the organization
- Strong initiative, motivation & integrity, to be able to operate independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English is a requirement
- Experience working with Monday.com (or similar project management tool)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft O365 (MS Teams and OneDrive)
- Written and spoken Spanish
To be successful in this position, the Onboarding Project Manager must build strong working relationships with the following groups:
- Regional Managing Director
- Group Onboarding Team
- Regional Team
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.