Comms & Content Manager – Role Profile
Purpose of Role
Reporting directly to the Head of Communications & Research, this role will lead and support on all research, communications and content strategies as well as offline marketing activities to maximize the attraction and retention of students, building a credible positive public image, and strengthening the brand across all ISP schools in Spain.
This role will support in communications, campaigns, promoting brand awareness and helping ISP schools to become the first choice in their local markets (“Schools of Choice”).
This role reports to the Head of Communications & Research Iberia
School Heads of Marketing and Admissions
Digital Marketing Specialist
- Reinforces and positions the brand through-out communications and content creation, aligned to a clearly defined corporate identity and brand playbook
- Serve as group community manager supervisor, guiding and supporting schools in the development of stories to share in social media, as to ensure our corporate and our schools’ identity are maintained, and promotional efforts maximized
- Support and create content for communications needed for any external and internal announcements, to promote communications to drive active participation of students and families in ISP
- Promote and create strategies aligned to ISP brand in accordance with each schools’ identity to ensure the right and effective content for the community, by reinforcing values and school philosophy
- Lead and follow-up offline Mktg tasks, such as offline campaigns, new designs leaflets and billboards, among others
- Develop promotional materials and coordinate all communications activities related to such events, press releases, etc.
- Support and follow-up all content designs to ensure a positive and accurate impact
- Lead participation in fairs and congresses where more than 1 school or the entire group is represented
- Coordinate participation at global events, agents’ fairs, etc. in liaison with European or other ISP group stakeholders as required
- Support in the budget allocation and logistics for events
- Support doing research and benchmarking to position ISP schools and reinforce the benefits of being the “School of Choice”
- Lead the ranking of ISP Iberia schools, and propose strategies to make them “School of Choice”
Reporting and analysis
- Regular reporting to the Head of Communications & Research of the development and results of the different offline campaigns
- Analyse NPS and Annual surveys with parents and staff, to propose and support the implementation of action plans
- Guidance and support for schools’ Marketing teams to develop them
- Follow-up of the correct offline campaigns and their implementation according to the year’s targets to ensure its achievement
- Support the regional Communications through the Marketing team in schools, for local needs as well as global
- Align with the Digital Marketing Specialist all online campaigns with offline ones
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
1) Minimum Educational Qualifications Required for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or Business-related discipline
2) Minimum Years of Experience Required
- 5-10 years’ experience in similar capacity, preferably but not necessarily in Education segment
3) Language Skills
- Native or fluent English and Spanish are a must, both written and spoken
4) Functional Capabilities
- Agency management, project management, brand development and communication, events organization, content development, copywriting, social media, digital marketing.
- Advanced writing, editing skills, proofreading skills
- Confident communicator and ability to present ideas with clarity and vision
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Experience in PR and Advertising across different media and channels
- High degree of computer literacy (particularly Microsoft Office and Illustrator)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
5) Leadership Capabilities
- Excellent leadership skills with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills with the media and Agencies
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Excellent communication skills, collaboration, stakeholder management, ability to work simultaneously on several tasks and projects, analytical skills, results-oriented / objective-driven.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximize opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles (must be included on all role profiles)
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.