This job posting is no longer active.
Laude The British School of Vila-real
Date Added: Dec 13, 2022
Information Technology Manager
The ITM is a creative and dynamic leader charged with developing and implementing a
strategic vision in all areas of technology for the school. He / She will facilitate the
integration of digital tools and best practices into curriculum and administrative systems.
Both a big picture thinker and a hands-on implementer, the ITM engages with administrators,
educators and Technology Vendor, parents and students to extend responsible and creative
use of technology. Customer Service Minded.
Direct report: Head of School
Regional report: ISP Head of Technology Iberia
- Teachers and staff across the school.
- Student, Parents.
- IT rservice Vendos.
- Other Technology Lead in the Iberia region
• Develop and implement a strategic vision for the use of technology in both the
academic and infrastructural systems.
• Support the carrying out of the school’s technology strategic plan.
• Maintain knowledge of and communicate current research findings and forecasts
related to the effective use of technology in the school’s educational program.
• Provide current, cutting-edge information to support decision-making on academic
and administrative technology matters.
• In collaboration with the administrative team, oversee professional development of
staff on the integration of technology into the curriculum. Will also at times provide
direct professional development.
• Ensure that all educators and students have access to the appropriate technology tools
to perform their tasks, job with the best possible efficiency.
• Focus on ensuring that network and other technology resources are used safely and
responsibly rather than limiting access.
• Oversee all administrative aspects of technology programs and services at the school;
including infrastructure implementation and maintenance, support of educators, staff
in the use of different area of technology.
• Own the setup and installation of new equipment for staff and students.
• Perform proper troubleshooting and maintenance work. Determine whether a problem
needs outside help or can be fixed in-house.
• Effectively allocate and manage resources to support strategic priorities and
• Provide leadership in the purchase and acquisition of new technology and equipment.
Consults with appropriate stakeholders to coordinate, evaluate and recommend and
purchase new technology and equipment.
• Possess the understanding of industry-standard related practices and procedures of
regulations and guidelines as they relate to the purchase and use of software
(specifically copyright laws and the use of licensed equipment and materials.
• Develop and monitor annual instructional technology and technology operations
budget in cooperation with appropriate stakeholders in a school and Regional Level.
• Maintain records/inventory of equipment and resources.
• The Professional use of Technology Help desk system provided by ISP Group.
• Professionally represent the school in interactions with parents, community, staff, and
students and resolve conflict in a professional manner.
• Comply with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, rules and regulations.
• Respond willingly to emergency situations outside of the standard work schedule.
• Pitch in where needed even if it’s outside of formal domain.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School
• Hands on Experience with wired and wireless Infrastructure. (HP Aruba, Cisco
Meraki is preferred)
• Hands on Experience with Windows server operating system and Domain Controllers.
• Hands On Experience with security practices of firewall and content filtering.
• Hands On Knowledge with TCP/IP, DNS, Routing and Firewalls.
• Hands On Knowledge in managing IP – PABX.
• Hands On Knowledge in managing Virtual environment and Backup (VMware,
• Hands On Experience on managing Education Platform O365 – Google G-Suite.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role , and 10 years of experience in
technology in general.
• B.S or Equivalent Degree – Computer /Technology Field.
- B2 English Certificate.
This position is conditional to the provision of federal criminal background checks
covering the countries that you have lived and worked in for the last 10 years and any
convictions highlighted will be reviewed against standard Safeguarding principals of
working with children. All checks requested to be received prior to commencement of