Position: Teacher - Science
Location: Sancta Maria International School, Hyderabad, IN
Type of Employment: Permanent/Full-time
Reports to: Division Head – Primary School
Sancta Maria International School is part of the well-respected Saint Mary’s Educational Society in Hyderabad providing a high-quality Cambridge curriculum, where the school encourages all children to learn independently, facilitating their personal growth, and instilling a lifelong passion for learning.
International Schools Partnership (ISP) has an exciting academic association through service arrangements with Sancta Maria.
- Plan, organize, and teach Science while aligning with Cambridge curriculum and school standards to meet the varied learning styles, abilities, and needs of students.
- Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies.
- Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s knowledge and abilities in appropriate grade levels and subjects.
- Administer academic assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in knowledge acquisition.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior required to run an orderly and productive classroom environment.
- Oversee assigned out-of-classroom activities during the school day, as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the School Principal or Division Head or Reporting Manager.
Responsibilities: (included, but are not limited to):
- Lesson plans
- Timelines of the academic year
- Internal assessments
- Project works
- Corrections of students work
- Summative examinations: Preparing question papers and corrections
- Mock examinations: Preparing question papers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate in Science
- B.Ed or equivalent teaching qualification
- Strong knowledge of IGCSE pedagogies and curriculum
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in an institution with Cambridge curriculum
- Excellent communication skills and scientific enquiry skills
- Show professionalism in all manners of speech, dress, behavior, and social media communication
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of Cambridge learner attributes
- Research experience
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing active learning and assessment strategies
- Dynamic, goal oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to source or create different instructional resources and methods to meet varying learner needs
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and expression skills.