Position: Teacher – Business Studies & Economics
Division: High School
Location: Sancta Maria International School, Hyderabad, IN
Type of Employment: Permanent/Full-time
Reports to: Division Head – High School
Sancta Maria International School is part of the well-respected Saint Mary’s Educational Society in Hyderabad providing a high-quality Cambridge curriculum, where the school encourages all children to learn independently, facilitating their personal growth, and instilling a lifelong passion for learning.
International Schools Partnership (ISP) has an exciting academic association through service arrangements with Sancta Maria.
- Teaching Business & Economics to students according to the requirements of the Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum.
- Preparing curriculum, lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities, managing information on the LMS.
- Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies, and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
- Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
- Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behavior, social development, and health.
- Conferring with teachers, parents, or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioral or academic issues.
- Preparing and implementing remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Attending faculty meetings, professional development training, and school events.
- Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
- Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the School Principal or Division Head or Reporting Manager.
Responsibilities: (included, but are not limited to):
- Lesson plans
- Timelines of the academic year
- Internal assessments
- Project works
- Corrections of students work
- Summative examinations: Preparing question papers and corrections
- Mock examinations: Preparing question papers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate in Business Administration and/or Economics
- B.Ed or equivalent teaching qualification
- Strong knowledge of IGCSE pedagogies and curriculum
- Minimum 2 years in the same field of education as teacher for IGCSE/AS/A levels in Cambridge Curriculum school.
- Excellent communication skills and scientific enquiry skills
- Show professionalism in all manners of speech, dress, behavior, and social media communication
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of Cambridge learner attributes
- Research experience
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing active learning and assessment strategies
- Dynamic, goal oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to source or create different instructional resources and methods to meet varying learner needs
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and expression skills.