India Tax Manager
Located in Hyderabad India, reporting to the Regional Finance India and with a dotted line to the Global Head of Tax in London, the India Tax Manager will be accountable for managing the tax function (Direct/Indirect/Transfer Pricing) and providing taxation services across our schools and businesses within India.
Regional Finance Director India and a dotted line to the Global Head of Tax
- Coordinate and manage external tax (Direct/In-direct) consulting relationships.
- Coordinate with School Finance Manager to obtain data for preparation of corporate tax returns – Quarterly/Annual for the India entities - School financial, Service companies, management companies and holding companies for review by external tax advisors.
- Review GST returns prepared by School Finance team and supporting documentation
- Review and manage tax payments (Direct/In-direct) for India group.
- Support with the annual corporate income tax reporting under IFRS including calculation of current and deferred tax positions.
- Manage transfer pricing documentation in collaboration with external advisors.
- Manage the recharge process across the India and Divisional entities.
- Manage any tax audits initiated by tax authorities within India.
- Respond to ad hoc and project related questions.
- Build and maintain a tax risk register, prioritize tax risk mitigation projects.
- Lead on the tax integration for new acquisitions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to effectively interact at all levels and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to establish trust, respect, and confidence.
- A self-starter who can work by themselves or as part of a team.
- High levels of personal integrity.
- Conscientious and able to focus on completing work to a consistently high standard.
- Flexible and positive approach to work.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; high attention to detail.
- Able to identify issues and raise in an appropriately timeframe.
- Work collaboratively with the local finance team and well as the Group Tax Team.
- CA certification is preferable.
- 8+ years’ experience in industry or public accounting.
- Experience of working in a multi-national organization and dealing with international tax matters would be an advantage.
- Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential Health & Safety and safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
- Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
- Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
- Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
- ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history