ISP Group Treasury Manager
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
Purpose of Role
The Group Treasury Manager will deliver the short- and long-term liquidity forecasting and reporting and ensure accurate financial & management reporting of the Group’s treasury activity. They will be responsible for inputting the Group’s budgeting, forecasting and strategic treasury planning and carry out operational reviews of daily and weekly cash-flow processes.
The Group Treasury Manager will review variances between forecast and actual cashflows across the Group, working with regional teams to develop and implement mitigation strategies.
They will have ownership of intercompany treasury including dividends and loans and managing international cash movements to ensure international alignment and efficiency and forecasting of short and medium term foreign currency requirements.
Maintenance and effective management of bank deposit accounts, including investment and rolling deposit accounts will also be a key responsibility with this role.
ISP Group Treasury Manager Key Responsibilities
- Chase submissions
- Review actual vs budget for the month and YTD – specifically on WC
- Review forecast cashflows – specifically FY WC position and closing cash balances
- Summarise key findings to Ed and arrange calls with regional teams to discuss
- Build repatriation and funding forecasts
- Budget and reforecast – Cashflows
- Manage consolidation of budget/reforecast cashflows
- Review with Ed and liaise with regional teams as required
- Consolidate weekly cash collection reports – present to Ed
- On a monthly basis, consolidate and prepare full cash report with variance explanation. (To be included in board report).
- Review on a monthly basis with Umaru, Jane + Ed
- Provide accounting info to Umaru on cash movements in order to post journals
- Work with regional teams on IC loan changes/queries
- Review monthly IC interest postings made by team
- Work with Jane to arrange cash repatriation from regions
- Liaise with regions on cash transfers and the accounting treatment – share with Umaru and team
External loan management
- Confirming interest calculations
- Setting up payments
- Confirming the cashflow movements on hedges
Head Office cashflow
- Maintain the corporate office cashflow forecasts
- Review head office actual cashflow and compare to budget
Foreign exchange trades
- Negotiating rates for significant FX trades
- Setting up foreign exchange trades
Bank account management
- Maintenance and effective management of bank deposit accounts, including investment and rolling deposit accounts
- Regular review of bank accounts including access rights and authorisation limits
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of a treasury environment and a treasury or accountancy qualification such as an ACCA, ACA, ACT or CIMA.
- Experience of financial control in an international group, together with knowledge of treasury instruments.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback, supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.