Date Added: Jan 20, 2023
HR Operations Lead
Purpose of Role
The HR operations manager oversees the HR operations, ensures smooth procedures, and supervises the HR department’s day-to-day administrative tasks. The role will be working with the Regional HR head in delivery of the ISP people plan and people services across the region. The delivery of the HR services, from payroll through to the promotion of the ISP brand, is the responsibility of the Regional HR team. As a key member of the regional HR team, the HR Operations lead will report to and provide close support to the Regional Head of HR.
Location: Hyderabad, India
Reporting to the Regional Head of HR, the HR Operations lead will also work closely with the HR Managers across the school network, to create and implement HR and talent management strategies aligned with ISP global and regional strategy and to ensure compliance with regional and ISP regulations that contribute to the success of the group.
• Manage and oversee the hiring for the regional team.
• Create HR policies & processes in line with ISP standards and local labour compliance.
• Monitor internal HR systems and databases.
• Act as a consultant to the HR managers at partner schools regarding policies and processes
• Address employees’ queries on issues related to policies, compensation, and all other relevant topics.
• Liase with vendors to drive execution and process efficiency on payroll, insurance, and recruitment.
Talent development and retention
• Support the regional talent review and succession planning processes in line with the ISP global approach.
• Implement an effective regional leaver process to understand why employees leave and identify any trends or themes needing action.
Learning and development
• Manage the coordination of talent and leadership development to achieve regional and school goals and create an effective pipeline of talent.
• Actively promote interaction via The Learning Hub, as a key professional development mechanism and a means by which staff across the ISP school community can interact and support one another.
• Ensure the performance review process is implemented effectively throughout the region so that employee benefit from goal setting, continuous feedback, and a focus on their own development.
Reward and recognition
• Keep up to date with market salaries and reward practices to support with benchmarking for existing and new roles.
• Create and build a culture of recognition and non-financial reward throughout the region.
• Deliver the ISP employer brand and purpose, mission, and values in the region.
• Create and deliver positive approaches to wellbeing in the region to drive physical and mental wellbeing.
• Manage the regional delivery of the ISP NPS and employee engagement surveys, including ensuring that Heads and Deputy Heads follow up with focus groups and action plans.
• Assess the impact people policies and procedures have on employee experience.
• Possess and apply a thorough understanding of employment law particularly in relation to employment contracts, terms and conditions, discrimination, fair dismissal, grievances etc.
Legal and compliance
• Ensure all people processes and activities comply with regional and local legal requirements staying abreast of updates in employment legislation and best practice and acting to ensure any necessary changes are promptly and effectively implemented.
• Update policies and procedures regularly and as necessary ensuring compliance with local legislation and best practice and ISP benchmarks and guidance.
Qualifications and Experience
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.