ISP Receptionist Role Profile – Maternity Cover
Purpose of Role
The Receptionist is the main contact person for all parents and visitors. They assist in the successful administration of the school and provide excellent administrative support and highly confidential secretarial services. The role requires the incumbent to promote an efficient and excellent service while maintaining the ethos of the school. The Receptionist is responsible for front office enquiries and directing people appropriately and efficiently. Aspen Heights British School (AHBS) is a truly inclusive school based on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi. We are proud of our inclusive ethos and our commitment to ensuring all children are provided with personalised learning experiences and the proper support to ensure they can make progress in learning in all areas.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Key Responsibilities
- Provision of high-quality reception service including the efficient and courteous management of incoming telephone calls and visitors in line with the school guidelines
- Communicates with parents regarding all aspects of school life including but not limited to receiving and passing on information, between parents and teachers, calling parents to ascertain reasons for pupils’ absence.
- Ensures that all visitors sign in and take a visitor badge where necessary.
- Control visitor access to the school
- Assists with all admissions related tasks, including preparations for and assistance at open mornings, taking calls and recording details of enquiries from prospective new families.
- Maintains and updates school information, records and databases.
- Receives, sorts and distributes all packages, deliveries and mail.
- Ensures that the reception area is kept smart and tidy and that noticeboards are kept up-to date.
- Ensuring marketing material is replenished daily.
- Maintains daily student attendance and communicates with teachers to ensure completion of records.
- Communicates with parents for student attendance on daily basis.
- Responds to parents’ requests regarding letter requests, access to online student portals, etc.
- Maintain and update all administrative and information systems and processes as required, including retrieving and collating information to ensure delivery of an efficient reception and administrative service.
- Deputize for absent colleagues as part of the office administrative team.
- Assist with student first aid and welfare matters.
- Attend appropriate Professional Development Courses
- Initiate to improve the front office environment.
- Assist with Open Days, Prize Giving and other school functions and events.
Health and Safety
- Emphasizes the importance of safety in all areas of the curriculum, communicating to the pupils the importance of a responsible attitude towards personal safety, the safety of others and respect for Aspen Heights British School’s property and equipment.
- Safeguard Aspen students
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed.
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Educational Qualifications Required for the Role : Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 years school experience.
English is mandatory.
Arabic is mandatory.
Special Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, in spoken and written form. Fluency in Arabic essential
- Telephone etiquette training (Added advantage)
- Customer Service Training (Added advantage)
- Willing attitude to be a part of the school team.
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Safeguarding and welfare of children
- A collaborative team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Behavior management
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in person, telephone and written.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, with the ability to use discretion, patience, tact and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm, composed and flexible within a busy and demanding environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to undertake a wide range of clerical, administrative and general duties.
- Must be accurate in recording details and make full use of the Schools Management Systems
- Integrity and confidentiality to be always maintained.
- Show loyalty and commitment to school.
- Smart and presentable
- Ability to deal positively with children, parents and staff
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and self-initiator
- Willingness to undertake appropriate Professional Development
- Assurance of total confidentiality and discretion
- Willing to work outside the contractual hours – during admission time, leading up to ADEK School Inspection, Parent Teacher’s Conference or as deemed necessary by the School Management
- Empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded.
- Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible and a can-do attitude
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP & Aspen Heights British School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.