Regional Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Head of Technology, US and Canada
DIRECT REPORTS: No
SALARY: $ 80,000 to 90,000 USD (commensurate with experience and education)
Purpose of Role
We are seeking a Regional Services Manager (RSM) to join our truly international Technology team and support our continued growth. The RSSM holder will be expected to work closely with peers in other regions to support creative thinking and drive consistencies and efficiencies globally.
The post holder will be expected to build a close working relationship with all school’s technology teams as well as the local ISP Team. This role may include travel to all schools and offices frequently but as required, providing support and training where necessary.
The RSM will directly report to the Regional Head of Technology, and we are expected to focus on supporting and developing IT Services and Core systems throughout all our schools in the region and the ISP regional office.
Technology Systems Support
- The Regional Services Manager's role is to manage and improve the organization's Core systems. To liaise with groups and schools to ensure that the production and use of data within the organization are innovative and that data quality is excellent. To ensure that information output is timely, accurate, and in the form required by the user
- The post holder is the custodian of systems stability and support and should be looking at mechanisms to improve the end-user experience and use of data and core applications.
- The Regional Services Manager will also be expected to attend and contribute to regular functional meetings with the regional technology team. Reporting on successes, and projects while bringing to the table new initiatives that other regions could also benefit from.
Technology & Project Management
- As Regional Services Manager, the post holder will manage and support the entire regional Data team. This will range from working with each school lead to ensuring that core systems policies and procedures are being met. Ensure vendors are providing value with key targets and build a reward/penalty mechanism to enhance the provided services.
- It is expected that the Services Manager regularly meets the entire team, ensuring that school-by-school and personal objectives are being met along with spending time with key stakeholders within the senior leadership team at each school.
Technology Core Systems
- As Regional Services Manager, the post holder will be responsible to help the local and regional technology team proactively support these systems to ensure uninterrupted availability to the schools. It is equally important that the post holder identify and manage any training needs to ensure continuous improvement. The Job holder must have project management experience in the case of adapting a new core system or upgrading an existing one.
- Our core systems are shown below:
- iSAMS: Schools Management Information Systems
- Engage: School Management Information System
- NetSuite: Financial Accounting System
- 360: Health & Safety / Safeguarding System
- HubSpot: Customer Relationship Management System
- Cezanne: HR System
- G Suite or Office 365: Core Office Platform
- The Learning Hub: Learning Management System
- To ensure documentation of key processes and plan for staff movement
- Work closely with the Group MIS Manager and Regional Head of technology to deliver group objectives
- Complete ownership of the systems projects management cycle from implementation to going live.
- Work with group and school senior leaders to respond to education developments, both strategic and operational, that have implications on data management including data security and integrity
- To organize training for staff entering data into assessment recording systems
- Support a high-performing team of systems staff across the organization, encouraging collaboration and efficient use of resources across our schools.
- To undertake such other tasks relevant to the duties of a Regional Services Manager that may be assigned from time to time
- To train and support MIS champions in the creation of reports and assessment tracking tools
- To work with senior management to review school systems procedures and working practices regularly
- Oversight of data quality
- Ensure that all data is held securely, is accurate and current, and complete
- To oversee analysis production and report assessment data to all relevant parties
- Support, with the use of MIS, the financial, operational, and HR systems
- To upgrade and maintain MIS as required
- To recommend, create and maintain advanced reports which support the requirements of staff and senior management
- To be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security confidentiality, and data protection
- Plan and implement business intelligence strategy and digital platform, combining data from multiple sources
- To recommend, and manage the design of assessment recording systems that support the requirements of the organization
- Oversight of Systems service desk tickets to ensure a quick response to issues raised by users
- Take a proactive approach to advance the organization’s use of technology and streamline the current processes.
- Gathering of requirements and issues directly from schools to feed into ideas Portal
- Contribute to group IT strategy, taking ownership of information services initiatives, influencing key stakeholders
- To work with 3rd parties to integrate systems together in line with IT strategy
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Project management expertise
- Strong systems knowledge (CRM, ERP, MIS, Core Office Platforms)
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively lead staff without direct authority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, management, and others outside the organization
- Ability to work independently and motivated to drive projects with autonomy
- Office 365 and Google for Education knowledge advantageous
- Experience in the education sector advantageous
- Strong sense of urgency
- Able to exercise independent judgment and act on it
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
Qualifications and Experience
- 8+ yrs technology work experience
- 3+ yrs in a technology management
- EdTech experience a plus
- Degree level within technology or relevant professional qualifications in the field
- Fluency in English is a must
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP U.S. participates in E-Verify and will provide the Federal Government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years of employment history.