Head of Secondary School
St. George's College
Date Added: Feb 1, 2023
Are you passionate about helping children progress to levels that amaze them? Then working with ISP is the challenging and rewarding next step you need to take in your career.
Our school, St George´s (Lima, Peru), is looking to appoint a Head of Secondary school who also will serve as National Director of our Villa site, reporting to the Headmaster.
St George´s is a bilingual school with international curricula from Early Years to Grade 11 (Fieldwork Education Suite and International Baccalaureate DP and CP).
St George´s College is a part of International Schools Partnership, a global educational group with more than 60 schools in 16 countries worldwide.
It is a member of Round Square, Latin American Heads Conference (LAHC), British Schools of Perú and Adecopa with more than 2,000 students on two sites from 3 to 17 years of age.
About the role:
- Lead the academic and administrative team reporting to the Head in order to meet the academic objectives established in the Strategic and Operational Plans with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Propose and manage the budget assigned to the secondary school, in close coordination with the work team.
- Planning of the academic activities, in coordination with their work team and aligned with the activities proposed by the Primary and Early Years sections.
- Manage and resolve concerns and problems presented by parents and students in matters within their competence, and lead effective communication with them.
- Legally represent the School before the authorities of the Ministry of Education, ensuring compliance with current regulations.
- Actively participate in the efforts made by the school in student admissions.
The successful candidate must have:
- Degree in Education, preferably with a Master's degree in the Education sector, with all the certification duly registered in the UGEL to become National Director.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a similar position or leading work teams in private bilingual schools with:
- International Curricula and the IB Diploma.
- Minimum student population of 1,000 students.
- Advanced English level C1.
- Proactive person, with a high ability to work under pressure, proven communication skills at all levels, goal-oriented and able to think "out of the box" and adept at problem solving.
- Extensive experience in the use of ICTs
Anual bonus for performance
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.