STEAM Teacher Job Description
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties and responsibilities of the STEAM teacher involve instruction directly related to STEAM and computer science in our Innovation/Maker Lab. Related duties shall be those inspired by the Innovation committee and those assigned by the Head of Pedagogy or the Head of School.
Instruction and Integration The STEAM teacher shall:
- Demonstrate the ability to model, deliver, and craft rich student-centered learning experiences around Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and implement strategies for weaving STEAM experiences into multi-disciplinary curricula from 2p to 8P.
- Work in partnership with teachers and staff, modeling consistent effective teaching with technology, engagement, lesson plan design, use of technology, STEAM and online tools.
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of the connection between technology, computer science, and other fields of study.
- Understand and be able to design, develop, assess, and manage STEAM learning experiences.
Leadership and Professional Growth the STEAM teacher shall:
- Identify and apply educational and technology-related research, the psychology of learning, and instructional design principles in guiding use of technology in education
- Identify, implement, and investigate software in both classroom and administrative environments.
- The STEAM teacher will identify resources, plan, and design staff development activities to support professional growth in learning technologies.
- Participate in professional development experiences that allow him or her to observe, evaluate, and apply the use of technology to support instruction.
- Advanced degree from an accredited college/university.
- Expert level of technology and 21st century learning understanding and application.
- Deep knowledge of content standards, effective instructional strategies, and assessment driven instruction.
- Strong Google Apps for Education skills (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, etc) and strong Microsoft 365 skills.
- Experience (or familiarity with) tools such as, but not limited to: 3D printing, autocad, laser cutting, vinyl cutting, Arduino, Makey-Makey, Codecademy, Sphero, Tynker, BeeBot, Parrot, MiniDrone
- Highly effective communication, listening, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written, verbal, and technology-based communication skills in French and English.
In addition to the tasks outlined above, it is the responsibility of the STEAM teacher to:
- Understand and support Mosaic’s mission and philosophy and to promote a positive image of the school.
- Contribute to a harmonious school atmosphere by working cooperatively with all colleagues.
- Respect the confidentiality of private information relating to students, colleagues and the operations of the school.
- Demonstrate responsibility and punctuality.
- Display flexibility in responding to new situations and expectations, a positive attitude and a helpful, non judgmental demeanour.
- Show willingness to consider and implement suggestions for improvement.
- Model the good character traits that Mosaic students are expected to embody.