Colegio Internacional Aravaca
Date Added: Feb 10, 2023
Job Description - Secondary English Teacher
Curriculum and Student Matters:
To work as outlined by whole school and subject team policies
● To plan appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated lessons for students, in accordance with the aims of the school.
● To promote the growth and development of students through the schools Core Values that enable them to become happy and successful life long learners; Aspiration, Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, Independence, Leadership, Reflection and Resilience.
● To ensure the appropriate differentiation of the curriculum to meet the personalised needs of all learners.
● To ensure that learning has a focus on knowledge, skills and understanding.
● To use appropriate teaching resources, strategies and approaches in accordance with the school policy.
● To develop a stimulating learning environment.
● To regularly reflect and review teaching and learning strategies as part of a department.
● To use the whole school marking policy and any adaptations that the department has established as good practice.
● To use assessment that is consistent and effective across the department and in line with school guidelines.
● To set stimulating and appropriate Home Learning in the subject area and in line with school guidelines.
● To ensure that procedures for monitoring, recording and reflection upon progress, which include the active participation of students are in line with school policy.
● To ensure that progress reports and final reports are completed in advance of deadline dates.
● To contribute as appropriate to learning to involve cross-curricular themes.
● To promote teaching and learning styles which stimulate learner curiosity, and intrigue and which generate exceptional levels of engagement and independence in learning.
● To promote links with the subject area and learning environments outside the school (e.g. museums, theatres, libraries etc).
● To reflect on analysis of prior KS results, where applicable, at the beginning of each academic year.
● To maintain an effective system for recording student progress.
● To contribute to the subject development plan is completed at the beginning of each academic year.
● To establish appropriately high levels of expectation by setting down clear guidelines for establishing excellent standards of behaviour and achievement within all classes, including the careful presentation of learning outcomes and the care of resources and equipment.
● To carry out any other administrative tasks required by the Head of Primary.
● To ensure effective dialogue with parents in accordance with school policies.
● To work closely with staff in the primary school.
● To liaise with external agencies and employers as necessary.
The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the school at the reasonable discretion of the Principal.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way the post holder is expected and required to perform and complete the duties as set out above.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years' employment history.
C/ Santa Bernardita 3. 28023 Aravaca. Madrid. Tlf.913571256. www.ia.edu.es. [email protected]