This job posting is no longer active.
International School Andalucia
Date Added: Mar 6, 2023
The Head of Marketing consistently works towards outstanding performance across all professional standards working towards successful outcomes and the efficient and effective administrative operations helping International School Andalucía to become the first choice in our local market (“Schools of Choice”).
To work as part of the administrative team, providing a friendly and welcoming service to students, staff, families and visitors in a manner that truly reflects the values of our school. The post holder is expected to be able to prioritise tasks and to manage their workload with a minimum of supervision to ensure marketing strategies, protocols, and procedures maximise retention of students, drive enrolment growth, build a credible positive public image, and strengthen the Laude San Pedro School and ISP brands across Spain.
The school’s pursuit of excellence begins at our front gates and this role should actively seek to ensure an outstanding public perception of our operations and provision.
1. Corporate Identity
a. Lead participation and planning in all school events to prospective and current families and students
b. Develop promotional materials and coordinate all communications activities related to such events, press releases, etc.
3. ISP Student activities & events promotion
a. Support and promote communication to drive active participation of students and families in ISP-wide student activities and events. e.g. ILOS
b. Create periodical newsletters and bulletins for staff and families including termly magazines and yearbooks.
c. Attending/Documenting/Photographing of important events school communications which can be used for marketing purposes.
a. Reports to the Central Office in all matters of marketing and actively seeks support from the regional staff to advise and guide as well as provide resources and ISP collateral
b. General Administrative Support and translations to the needs of the school
c. Provide the head of school with fortnightly progress on marketing
d. Support the Academic Heads for Student Events
e. Hold PR events with key stakeholder groups
f. Provide a marketing veneer to any activity that is parent facing
g. Create a strong relationship with the ISA Ambassadors
h. Work closely alongside the Head of Admissions
i. Maintain the school calendars up to date for all stakeholders
j. Support the Headteacher with the facilities’ improvement plan
ISP Leadership Competencies
The postholder will consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that they do.
1. Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a
genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve
problems and maximise opportunities.
2. Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for
learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual
learning, development and growth.
3. Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives
and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of
creation through to completion.
4. Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals
and is focused on KPIs.
5. Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
6. Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our
students and their families.
7. Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps
others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
● Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
● Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
● Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
● Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
● Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or Business-related discipline
● 5-10 years’ relevant experience in similar capacity, preferably but not necessarily in Education segment
● Native level of English and Spanish
● Flexible, positive and “can-do” attitude to work
● Full understanding of Equal Opportunities and able to implement it in everyday practice.
● To communicate clearly and resolve any issues quickly and professionally.
● To have excellent management skills and to be able to follow the school’s disciplinary code.
● Similar experience in a business or academic environment.
● Agency management, project management, brand development and communication, events organisation, content development, copywriting, social media, digital marketing.
● Advanced writing, editing skills, proofreading skills.
● Confident communicator and ability to present ideas with clarity and vision.
● Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills.
● Experience in PR and Advertising across different media and channels.
● High degree of computer literacy (particularly Microsoft Office and Illustrator / Photoshop).
● Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital / social media.
● Excellent leadership skills with internal staff and external stakeholders.
● Excellent negotiation skills with the media and Agencies.
● Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
● A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
● Excellent communication skills, collaboration, stakeholder management, ability to work simultaneously on several tasks and projects, analytical skills, results-oriented / objective-driven.
● To be approachable to children, families, and staff.
● To be flexible, friendly, professional and cooperative when working with colleagues.