Description About Montessori Academy of Broward
Located in Pembroke Pines, Florida, Montessori Academy of Broward (MAB) is a private school serving children 8 weeks old through 8th grade. At MAB, our mission is to prepare students to be life-long learners and responsible citizens of the world community. Balancing innovation and a truly individualized approach to learning, MAB is more than the opportunity for a great education—it’s an opportunity to unlock a child’s true, unique potential. Successful candidates must have the unyielding belief that all children can and must succeed.Purpose of Role
The Director of Admissions and Marketing is responsible for the planning, development, organization, and ongoing operation of the marketing and admissions functions at MAB. Reporting directly to the Head of School with a dotted line to the Regional Director of Marketing, Admissions, and Communications, the Director is the “public face of the school” for prospective and incoming families and serves as the school’s brand ambassador. The Director’s primary mission is to drive the marketing and admissions strategies that will ensure MAB reach its growth and retention ambitions.The ideal candidate will be:
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
- A data-driven decision-maker
- An experienced K-12 marketing and/or admissions professional
- A creative leader in recruitment, retention, and communications.
The Director should be a team player who has a warm collaborative nature, positive energy, sense of humor, possess superior organization and prioritization skills and is self-motivated in the completion of his/her work. She/he will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including outstanding writing and public
speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people. This person will have a genuine empathy for prospective families and an awareness of the needs and sensitivities of parents, students, faculty, staff, and administrators.Key Responsibilities
- Serve as the main point of contact between the school and prospective families to ensure a strong relationship is built and maintained.
- Track and report all admissions and enrollment data daily in our CRM, HubSpot, with a high level of attention to detail
- Engage prospective families to move them from the Lead to the Application stage:
- Provide information, answer questions, and discuss academic interests with applicants.
- Persuade prospective families to consider alternative campuses/programs when spacing is limited/full.
- Perform timely, personalized outreach and follow-ups to all inquiries at every stage.
- Administer school enrollment from lead to enrollment by monitoring and organizing applications, reviewing, and communicating in a timely manner.
- Assist families in the completion of the admissions process.
- Review and evaluate applications to ensure academic requirements and prerequisites have been met.
- Provide advice and guidance for prospective families that may not meet the current year’s admissions requirements.
- Evaluate the admissions pipeline and focus on improving conversion within each stage, understanding, and enhancing areas of improvement and communicating them to the Head of School and Regional Head of Admissions.
- Compile information required to maintain manual and electronic documents of students.
- School Tours/Open House/Admissions Events: Ensure school environment and surroundings meet best practice standards set by the school and ISP.
- Engage with current and prospective families throughout the school year to identify potential detractors.
Marketing and Communications
- Together with the regional marketing team, develop the school’s brand equity and USP within the local market and competitor context, and aligned to the ISP global brand position.
- Oversee the implementation of the school brand style guide to ensure consistency and quality of positioning and visual identity in all school collateral, including ISP initiatives and campaigns such as International Learning Opportunities.
- Create content and campaigns that evoke emotion and create a stronger connection to MAB with the objective of attracting new and nurturing existing students and families.
- Pitch, write, and edit content for the MAB website, emails, social media channels, publications, videos, and other mediums, prioritizing SEO and shareability, to showcase the school’s narrative, community impact, core values and promises, and inspiring success stories.
- Manage and elevate the MAB brand by cultivating relationships with key stakeholders—including teachers, administrators, students, and parents—and building internal processes that allow for the identification of effective storytelling opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key community contacts including but not limited to feeder schools, chambers, relocation agents, embassies, and employers, with the intent to build brand awareness and generate leads.
- Repurpose and vet existing assets to ensure content is digital-first in nature and aligned with current messaging, priority areas, and MAB values.
- Identify and define new ways to attract different audiences, while evaluating and improving digital content and campaigns.
- Regularly and consistently use digital analytics to inform and enhance content planning and development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Manages the admissions and enrollment processes across both schools ensuring that all key parental touch points always deliver our messages consistently, clearly, and at a high standard.
- Works collaboratively with the SLT and regional team to develop and implement a growth strategy and tactical business development plan that ensures the attraction, recruitment, and retention of students
- Links all departments across the school, ensuring that academic, administration, and communications teams work seamlessly, communicating the same message as led by the SLT
- Has shared responsibility with SLT to ensure seamless Parent/Student Journeys through the setting of relevant policy, procedures, quality standards and customer service standards, and ensuring their delivery to all prospective students, applicants, and their influencers.
- Works closely with the school and regional Admissions and Marketing teams to ensure optimal efficiency and results in the student enrollment cycle, and exceptional customer service at all points within the process.
- Owns all admissions-related data management and reporting responsibilities, ensuring clean, accurate and complete information at all times.
- Oversees admissions event organization and implementation, delegating coordination duties as appropriate and ensuring high-quality execution.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to anticipate needs and provide creative, imaginative solutions.
- Proven track record of innovation and taking initiative to make things happen.
- Strong relationship management skills across all levels within the school and regional team.
- Experience using database/CRM tools (knowledge of HubSpot is a plus).
- Excellent phone etiquette and strong written, presentation, and in-person communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-quality virtual and face-to-face services to families, students, and vendors.
- Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with the use of CRM tools and databases to manage prospects, leads, and customers; HubSpot preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Reliable, dependable, professional, and can maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to work independently and on a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- 5+ years’ experience in admissions, marketing, communications or a similarly relevant environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Bilingual; Spanish required.
- Current CRM experience, preferably HubSpot.
- Experience in a school setting, preferably in the private, K-12 sector.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we
do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners
and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and
acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and
differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will
make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared
ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal
and professional development and school improvement. E-Verify Participation:
ISP U.S. participates in E-Verify and will provide the Federal Government with your form I-9
information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.MAB and ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
Montessori Academy of Broward and the International Schools Partnership are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.