1. To provide a comprehensive administrative support to the school leadership and administration.
2. To work collaboratively with all levels of staff, and parents in order to support student wellbeing.
3. To receive visitors to the school and to communicate with courtesy and clarity to all staff, students,
parents, carers, visitors, external agencies and the wider community including answering general
telephone and face-to-face enquiries.
4. To assist with student and welfare duties including liaising with parents and staff etc.
5. To undertake routine clerical and administrative support duties for Head of Parent Services and Principal,
6. To provide general clerical and administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing, completing standard
forms and responding to routine correspondence.
7. To maintain and update all administrative and information systems and processes as required, including
retrieving and collating information to ensure delivery of a high-level administrative service e.g. staff and
student attendance, SMIPs data updates, etc.).
8. To produce lists, information and data as required e.g. students’ data and to maintain and collate student
9. To collect and distribute incoming mail, despatch outgoing mail as appropriate.
10. To coordinate school information display boards and to ensure these are refreshed regularly.
11. To operate relevant equipment and ICT packages (Microsoft Office).
12. To maintain records of stationery supplies and stock, cataloguing and distributing and order stock and
equipment as required.
13. Use initiative in time management to organize own workload in order to meet deadlines.
14. To provide cover for other administrative colleagues when required.
15. To be aware of and comply with all policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety,
security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person as soon as
16. To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
17. Carry out any other duties as assigned by line managers.
Other duties and responsibilities
Work collaboratively with others to develop effective professional relationships.
Communicate effectively with parents, students and staff
Undertake any other reasonable duties requested/assigned as required by SLT or Line Manager, especially regarding
the school’s administrative function.
Always follow the school’s policies and procedures.
Communication, marketing, and PR
To ensure professional and effective communication and consultation, as appropriate, between colleagues,
parents and students at Asia Pacific International School.
Publicise and celebrate achievements.
Assist with the organisation of open evenings, consultation events and other events relating to the school.
To contribute to marketing activities for Asia Pacific International School.
(Please note that this Job Description sets out the main duties associated with the stated purpose of the post. It is
assumed that other duties of a similar level/nature undertaken within the section are not excluded because they are
not itemised. The duties of this post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation; changes in
technology or policy and in that case appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake this