Executive Assistant to the Principal
Sancta Maria International School, Hyderabad is looking to recruit an experienced and resilient Executive Assistant to Principal to join its growing family of vibrant learners and passionate teachers.
As a Cambridge International School offering Cambridge International curriculum from Early Years to Grade 12, we are proud to be part of the world’s largest community of international schools. Learning is at the heart of everything we do, and our vision is to unlock the future of every learner for a better world. We are committed to getting better, all the time. We invest in our teachers’ learning and development and our students learn in a safe and nurturing environment. We are a strong community of 1500 learners of which 300 are studying in High School.
Purpose of Role
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the efficient running the Principal’s office, providing excellent administrative support and highly confidential secretarial services. The EA will demonstrate a strong commitment to the school, and will present welcoming, professional assistance to students, staff, members of the school management.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure all the documents related to Principal’s office are properly maintained and updated regularly.
- Responsible for the Principal’s office correspondence.
- Organise and maintain a record of appointments for the Principal.
- Will be single point of contact for fixing appointments of Principal with students, staff, parents, management, or any other members of SMIS, SMESPL & ISP.
- Be proactive in assisting with long and short term planning, managing the Principal’s diary, providing alerts in relation to the school calendar events, the Principal’s other responsibilities and appointments.
- Assemble papers for meetings and have a working knowledge of issues, prepare minutes, monitor and follow up actions as appropriate.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, memoranda, notices, policies and procedures on all matters relating to the school, staff and students as assigned by the Principal.
- Coordinate with the Admin team for all requirements placed by academic staff. Follow up with them until the requirement is met and fulfilled.
- Support Principal’s leadership team as required.
- Work with all schools officials on tasks set by the Principal.
- Support teaching staff and admin staff as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information.
- Help and coordinate with respective events in organising major events at school .
- Receive visitors on behalf of the Principal and make them welcome until the Principal is available.
- To be up to date about the policies and procedures followed at school.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and conduct other activities as directed by the Principal.
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Ability to organise, multitask and prioritise.
- Has communication and relationship networking skills.
- Is professional, proactive and resourceful.
Education and Experience:
- PG or Graduation in any stream
- 2-3 years of experience as Executive Assistant to the Head of Organisation or any member of Management.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
Sancta Maria is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory screening checks.