Description of School
Located in Bayan Lepas, Penang, Straits International School offers a rich and broad British curriculum for ages 3 till 16 years old; with a dynamic approach to learning and school life – founded on high-quality pastoral care, two-way communication with parents, and a commitment to provide value-added programmes, along with all the academic support our students need to grow healthily in all spheres.
The school was acquired by the International Schools Partnership (ISP) in October 2021, and we are part of a growing and globally-recognised group of 60 international schools located in 17 countries all over the world and is committed to a learning-first culture of 'getting better’.
Straits International School and its students actively carry out community partnerships and services with local organisations. Our 4 school main charities include Ms Ranji’s Nursing Home, SPCA Penang, Seri Cahaya Welfare Home and St Nicholas Home for the Blind.
- A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from non-academic staff.
- Access to expertise, best practise sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
- A commitment to employee well-being.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Fee discount for children of employees
- Medical outpatient and insurance benefits
ISP Malaysia - Straits International School
Senior Marketing Executive Profile
Purpose of Role
The Senior Marketing Executive will lead marketing in Straits International School Penang. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the marketing strategy and be able to build and execute campaigns that will generate high-quality leads and optimise the funnel, to ensure a high conversion rate from lead to appointment to meet annual enrolment targets.
The role will drive content creation and lead generation across offline and online channels to develop and implement strategies to ensure that the school’s student recruitment targets are supported with a view of maximising the number of deals/enquiries, qualified leads and booked appointments as well as improving conversion rates, CPL and CPA.
The Senior Marketing Executive will provide consistent marketing insights, content and narratives that evidence our Amazing Learning philosophy, academic achievement (student and parent-facing objectives) and differentiated factors. This role is expected to explore all avenues of communication, with an emphasis on localised events, to consistently build up the brand in its target markets.
The post holder will be expected to build close working relationships with all members of the school, including SLT (senior leadership team) and Admissions team. This is a hands-on role, expected to lead content initiatives and organise school events.
- Internal: School Marketing & Admissions team; Senior leadership team.
- External: Parents and students.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- Line Manager (supervision received): Campus Principal
- Functional: Director of Marketing and Digital Activation SEA & India
Lead on the successful delivery of dynamic marketing strategies:
- Work closely with the ISP regional marketing team, Campus Principal and the academic team to ensure that overall marketing strategy and plan is aligned with the annual budget and set objectives.
- Keep local catchment area data, analysis, and insights updated (from the Strategic Acton Review process).
- Develop and execute localised tactical plans to address market demands and enrolment targets.
- Liaise with third party specialists for paid social, display, online advertising and PPC – ensuring they deliver quality and value for money, on time and on budget.
- Analyse and report on the performance of lead management campaigns and adjust strategies as needed to optimise results – using templated dashboards and HubSpot.
- Develop, implement and manage annual marketing campaigns across all channels, including social, digital, email, events and out of home.
- Provide an up-to-date content calendar to consistently pushout school narratives, in collaboration with the Senior M&A Executive (Outreach and Events). Content will focus on successes, learning philosophy and highlight the school’s differentiated factors across the year - working closely with the ISP regional marketing team and campus principal, the regional team and school stakeholders.
- Effectively promote school events and outreach activities to meet targets.
- Produce on-brand multimedia content to support the content calendar (which includes videos and simple graphic designs).
- Ensure school website and channels of communication have up to date information and dynamic and relevant content.
- Understand and review current marketing/vendor agreements, current partnerships, and entitlements in both schools with the intent of maximising on cross promotional opportunities.
- Utilise all relevant channels of communication and platforms to support school-initiated events and activations to current parents with the aim of improving customer loyalty.
- Provide support to the Campus Principal to develop communication materials for current parents when needed.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Team to ensure that all lead management campaigns and initiatives align with the school's enrolment goals and admissions process.
- Work closely with the Senior M&A Executive and Admissions Manager in school to support feeder school/partnership initiatives with any marketing comms and assets required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant degree or qualification in marketing
- Experience of working within a customer focused marketing environment
- Experience of project and event co-ordination
- Demonstrate engaging copywriting, editing and proofreading skills in English, with Bahasa and Mandarin language skills an advantage
- Experience of building a network of contacts for information gathering
- Experience in content planning, digital marketing, PR and brand management.
- Highly organised person who can manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Willingness to work out of office hours for events
*Start date: Flexible
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.