This job posting is no longer active.
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date Added: Mar 22, 2023
Job Title: Science Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Head of Department/ Head of Laboratory
Purpose of the Job: To carry out laboratory experiment preparations and laboratory equipment maintenance in the Science Department. Responsible to manage the laboratories on daily operations including to ensure health and safety.
Duties & Responsibilities
Preparation of practical work for teachers
- To support teachers in the learning and teaching process by carrying out specified duties including preparation of chemicals, setting up experiments, testing out equipment and assisting teachers during the lesson when required.
Organisation and maintenance of resources
- To do the daily basic laboratory equipment maintenance.
- To control and monitor stock inventory in their section as well as annually stock checking or when required for re-stock purpose.
- To keeping records of laboratory equipment breakage and loan.
- To ensure that preparation rooms are organised, labelled, and kept clean.
- To ensure that chemicals are appropriately labelled and stored.
- To ensure that first aid and stock of resources in designated section are ready, enough and in good maintain.
Maintenance of laboratories
- To ensure the safekeeping of laboratory property and report all incidents to maintenance/facility or leadership team if required.
- To keep control of all master keys in the laboratories and preparation rooms in the designated section.
- To labelled laboratories and rooms and equipment as necessary.
Workplace Health and Safety (WHS), Chemical Register compliance
- To follow Safety, Health, and Environmental procedures and to conform to the regulatory requirement, wherever relevant to laboratory activities.
- To report any hazards or issues regarding heath and safety in department.
- To refer to the MSDS/ SDS before handling any chemicals or spillage.
- To dispose waste (chemicals and glassware) through appropriate safe procedure.
- To attend and participate in first aid and/or health and safety training as necessary and adhere to the WHS Policy.
- To ensure that risk assessments are produces for all practical work and assessment tasks.
- To attending department meeting when required.
- To be an administer to records associated with stock inventory.
- To produce and maintain records of risk assessments associated with all practical work.
- To assist the Head of Laboratory in preparing purchasing requisition and yearly budgeting.
- To assist Head of Laboratory to keeping control all building support systems in the Science Department.
- To involve in Science Department or school projects as assigned by Head of Department.
- To liaise with both Head of Department in the preparation for the examinations in science department when required.
- To attend training or INSETs which are relevant to the professional development of the post.
Job Related Education and Qualifications & Knowledge
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
1.Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
2.Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
3.Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
4.Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
5.Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively
6.Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
7.Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
8.Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
9.Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
10.Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
11.Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
12.Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
13.Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome
14.Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.
Tenby Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
Tenby is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
Initial interviews will be completed through team. Final interviews may be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is 30th March 2023 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
Candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school)
We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting