Description The Asia Pacific Schools
, in partnership with The International Schools Partnership (ISP
), equips students for local and global success by delivering Amazing Learning and offers both the international and Malaysian National curricula in the Klang Valley, Malaysia. The Asia Pacific International School offers the international curriculum (IGCSE) from Early Years through to Secondary and have been rated 5-Star by the Malaysian Ministry of Education.
The Asia Pacific Schools promotes equality and is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, as well as providing employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Key benefits:
• A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognized and valued.
• A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heard of decision-making.
• An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
• A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from operations’ staff.
• Access to expertise, best practice sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
• A commitment to employee well-being. We also offer:
• Competitive salary
• Pension fund contribution to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
• Fee discount for children of employees
• Medical outpatient and inpatient benefits
• Training and development opportunities
• Paid leaves e.g., medical, hospitalization, compassionate, exam/study, marriage and maternity leaves
ISP Malaysia – Asia Pacific International School
We are seeking to hire a Preschool Teacher Assistant
for commencement as soon as possible. Purpose of Role
To provide Amazing Learning opportunities so that students continually get better through the delivery of high-quality teaching and the creation of effective resources. ISP PrinciplesBegin with our children and students
. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.Treat everyone with care and respect
. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.Operate effectively
. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.Learn continuously
. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.Key Responsibilities
Support for students
• To work with small groups of children under the supervision of the teacher.
• Give regular feedback on children’s progress to the class teacher.
• Attend to children’s personal needs, including pastoral, social, health, physical hygiene, minor first aid and welfare matters.
• Establish good relationships with students, be a role model by presenting a positive personal image and respond appropriately to individual needs.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students.
• Encourage students to act independently as appropriate. Support for Teachers
• Provide curricular clerical/admin support.
• Under the direction of the teacher prepare the classroom for lessons including display work as appropriate and clear afterwards.
• Undertake student record keeping as requested (for example, provide a written statement on student’s progress to the teacher).
• Support the teacher in managing student behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
• Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers and report on information from parents/carers to the teacher. Support for the Curriculum
• Provide curriculum / resource support.
• Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use.
• Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist students in their use. Support for the School
• Be aware of and comply with safeguarding procedures, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting any concerns to the relevant member of staff.
• Maintain high standards of health and safety at all times.
• Maintain good relationships with colleagues and work together as a team.
• Assist in the supervision of classroom and outdoor activities.
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure all student have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
• Attend relevant meetings.
• Participate in training, including relevant learning strategies and other learning activities and appraisal, where required. Other Expectations
• To fully and positively participate in the school’s performance appraisal scheme in order to develop and enhance personal and service performance
• To undertake any other reasonable duties requested/assigned as required by SLT or Line Manager, especially with regard to the school’s administrative function
• To ensure that school policies including those relating to Safeguarding, Race Equality, Equal Opportunities, Code of Conduct and Health & Safety are adhered to.
(Please note that this Job Description sets out the main duties associated with the stated purpose of the post. It is assumed that other duties of a similar level/nature undertaken within the section are not excluded because they are not itemised. The duties of this post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation; changes in technology or policy and in that case appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake this new/varied work.)Skills, Qualifications and Experience
1. Candidates must possess at least a Certificate or Diploma in Early Childhood Education or its equivalent.
2. Preferably with minimum three (3) year’ of preschool teaching experience. However, fresh graduates with a passion in preschool education is strongly encouraged to apply
3. Able to guide and teach in languages (Bahasa Malaysia, English)Person specification
1. Patient and supportive approach to the teaching and learning process
2. Friendly and loving towards children
3. Must ensure the safety and well-being of children during activities/study sessions
4. A team player and flexible to meet the needs of the preschool operational needs
5. Must be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people they are responsible for or come into contact with ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
2. Learning & Getting Better
. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback, supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
3. Innovation Leadership
. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and can motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
4. Outcome driven
. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
6. Community Focus
. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
7. Integrity & Ethical Managemen
t. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose, and Principles.
8. Leading & Inspiring Others
. Supports, encourages, and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
9. Understanding People
. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organization.
10. Influencing & Communication
. Consistently informs, influences, and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
12. Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness
. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
13. Planning & Decision Making
. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
14. Diversity & Equity.
Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history. How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to email [email protected]
Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.