ISP Divisional Chief Finance Officer (ASIA) Profile
Purpose of Role
The Divisional Chief Finance Officer (DCFO) will be responsible for business partnering with the Divisional Chief Executive Officer (DCEO) and have full responsibility for all financial aspects within our Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and India regions. They will have a key role in building the divisional portfolio and in supporting their regions to sustainably grow profitability.
Divisional Chief Executive Officer
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Are financially responsible. We make financial choices carefully based on the needs of the children, students and our schools.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Regional Finance Director Key Responsibilities
Commercial business partnering with the Regional MD
- Through managing the three Regional Finance Directors, ensure budgets, forecasts and targets for the regions are developed, reported and met
- Monitoring performance for the division
- Identifying opportunities for growing the regions
- Ensuring all costs are controlled within agreed budgets
- Drive understanding and accountability of financial performance across the division
- Consolidate and review the divisional monthly results and reporting on variances against budget
- Reporting on KPIs with commentary, making clear link to the key drivers, impacting the P&L performance versus budget assumptions
- Leading on the financial aspects of integration post-acquisition of new schools
- Consolidating cash flow across the division
- Working with the Group Head of Corporate Finance (Treasury) to ensure that cash flows are forecast accurately, and that surplus cash is repatriated to the UK
- Ensuring that the Statutory Reporting of all legal entities in the division is completed on time
- Monitor balance sheet reconciliations / appropriate internal controls
- Ensure the maintenance of a reconciliation between statutory and management reporting
- Full ownership of Capex process for the division, including reporting to Group, tracking of actual spend vs. budget and coordination of divisional budget submissions
- Working closely with Regional Finance Directors in preparation and submission of project capex papers
- Working with RFD to develop strategies, policies and plans to ensure that the regions are fully tax compliant
- Working with Group Head of Tax on group tax matters such as transfer pricing and to ensure that the tax profile of the regions are optimized
- Liaising with external tax advisors as appropriate
- Maintaining a good technical knowledge of relevant tax policies and processes
- Supporting the Group Financial Systems team in maintaining and onboarding fit-for-purpose Management Reporting Systems, for the regions.
- A key representative for ISP in the divisions
- Providing leadership across the regions together with the DCEO
- Providing leadership to the RFDs to ensure that finance capability across the division is continually improved
- To mentor and coach RFDs
- Member of ISP’s Group Finance Leadership Team
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified accountant, ideally Big 4 qualified with significant experience of operating at a senior level
- 5-10 years working in a senior financial role in a commercial and matrix environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment in a growing business or service industry
- Fluent in English with International experience
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability
- Comfortable in setting policy and direction and influencing others in the achievement of objectives, also in areas other than own expertise area
- Experience of working at pace in a growing business
- Demonstrable success in previous roles requiring commercial, business and strategic understanding
- Strong understanding of tax and statutory accounting issues in the regions
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Oracle/NetSuite experience desirable but not essential
- Resilient and independent, with the ability to challenge and push back when appropriate
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at senior levels in the regions / group and influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the business context to draw an appropriate balance between control and giving schools freedom to operate
- Strong people management skills and emotional intelligence. Comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexibility and a willingness to travel across the regions
- Down-to-earth and approachable, with clear personal energy and conviction, able to present their arguments challenge the status quo in the appropriate way
- A genuine leader who is able to take a hands-on approach and enjoys being collaborative and visible within the business
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.