Description of School
Tenby International School Setia EcoHill is one of the newer schools in the Tenby family and is set in a wonderful 14-acre campus with outstanding facilities. The essence of the school is that it puts great teachers with great students and provides the resources, facilities and freedom to progress with learning. Tenby Setia EcoHill adapts the best of both traditional and modern learning and assessment pedagogy. Results are constantly reviewed, and targets set to continuously improve. Tenby Schools are a part of International Schools Partnership (ISP), a dynamic network of 50 schools in 15 different countries committed to an organisational learning culture of “getting better”.
At Tenby International School Setia EcoHill, we apply a holistic, evidence-based philosophy designed to build the character of students and empower lifelong, independent learning. With our extensive experience in providing international quality education, our educators are able to challenge students on a personal, individualised basis, enabling exposure to repeated experiences that push students towards true breakthroughs in learning.
We currently have over 100 employees with a mixture of Malaysians and Expats from various background and teaching qualification. Our dynamic culture here at Tenby International School Setia EcoHill has grown by leaps to bounds since its inception.
- A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from non-academic staff.
- Access to expertise, best practise sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
- A commitment to employee well-being.
ISP Malaysia - Tenby International School Setia Ecohill
Purpose of Role
Tenby Setia Ecohill is keen to employ an enthusiastic and capable PE TEACHER. The school prides itself on a progressive approach to teaching, with lessons including dynamic collaborative activities and a challenging pace. The successful candidate will be able to lead the department to achieve amazing results.
The school has been growing quickly over the 3 years and the IGCSE results have been strong. The successful candidate will be expected to continue this trend and contribute to the wider school life and other extra-curricular activities.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- A team player and flexible to meet the needs of the department. Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Always presents professional appearance and attitude and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Report to the Child Protection Officer any concerns they have for the welfare of a pupil. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Whistleblowing Policy.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Sports Science & Management or equivalent)
- Required language(s): English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Certificate in CPR
- Certificate in First Aid
- Swimming Certification
- Preferable with experience in international school.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Patient, caring, responsible and passionate about teaching.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.