ISP Malaysia - Straits International School Rawang Campus
School Accountant - Role Profile
Purpose of Role
To assist the Finance Manager in all aspects of financial reporting and compliance conforming to the local
statutory requirements and Group Policy.
1. Prepare and ensure the timely submission of month end closing for the school’s full set of
accounts in accordance with IFRS and local GAAP.
2. Responsible for the timely and accurate postings of all journal entries to the General Ledger and
sub-ledger accounts, reconciliation of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable accounts
and the petty cash account.
3. To ensure accruals and provisions are accurately accounted for in accordance with Group Policy.
4. Perform monthly bank reconciliations and assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of
monthly cashflow statement in the pro-forma standard stipulated by Group Finance.
5. Maintain accuracy of the Trial Balance and ensure data sanity in the financial information.
6. Generating financial information in a timely manner to the Finance Manager to review and
analyse Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet statements, including but not limited to deferred
income account, accruals, provisions, reconciliations, revenue recognition, discretionary spending
and capital expenditure.
7. Prepare and submit timely financial information to the Finance Manager to aid in the preparation
of the school flash reports.
8. To assist the Finance Manager in the yearly budgeting cycle and quarterly forecasting cycles.
9. To assist the Finance Manager on all required statutory provisions in the yearly external audit and
tax filing requirements.
10. To ensure all documentation is properly filed and accessible upon request.
11. To ensure accuracy and completeness of the school Fixed Asset register.
12. To perform any other tasks and duties as assigned.
Internal: Campus Principals, School Finance Manager, HR team, School Marketing & Admissions
team, School Facilities, Procurement and Operations team.
External: Statutory Auditors, Tax Agents, Company Secretary and Local Regulators (MOE, CCM etc)
Direct Reporting to the School Finance Manager