Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date Added: Apr 28, 2023
Great Leadership Opportunity Awaits you in Malaysia
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park, Kuala Lumpur campus is a large 3-18 school located on a green 20-acre site with excellent facilities and offers a welcoming, inclusive, and stimulating place to work. We love learning and we are continually getting better. We are extremely proud to be the flagship school in the region.
We are looking for a Head of Mathematics who will join the Secondary International Section to help us guide the school and work with our colleagues to take us to the next level. If you want to be part of our team you will need to be passionate about learning and knowledgeable about the factors that affect learning. You will be good at working and with and inspiring your colleagues, our students and their parents. When our children are in school, you will be more interested in being in classrooms and working with colleagues.
We are a unique campus, home to Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary, and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE, IGCSE and A Level) and a Malaysian Private School, Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum). The campus welcomes almost 2000 students, aged from 3 to 18 years and from 38 nationalities; with 1250 attending the international school, 690 in National School. We celebrate being Asian and love the fact that we combine international thinking to create a diverse and exciting campus.
We believe in creating “Amazing Learning Experiences” for our communities. Working collaboratively to help children be ready for the world and the contribution they can make locally and globally.
We believe that all students learn through good struggles and this at times needs to be consolidated using a variety of teaching methods. Taking risks, being resilient, and showing creativity and adaptability for all our communities are important in our learning process. Our students go onto some of the top universities in the world and if they don’t, go into careers and colleges of their choice.
We are an honest campus and enjoy being self-reflective, so we can self-improve together to create amazing learning experiences more often than not. We are not perfect but strive to be the best we can.
We are a member of the prestigious Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA), hold certificates for IPC, Microsoft and Duke of Edinburgh's Award and are one of only 15 schools in Malaysia to hold the Green Flag Award.
About our Group
Tenby Schools SEP is proud to be part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP) a fast-growing global schools group in six clusters across the world; Europe, Mexico & Central America, the Middle East, South America, Southeast Asia, and the USA. Our Regional cluster includes other Tenby schools across Malaysia. Our teachers are supported by the school leadership teams and other learning clusters and networks both regionally and globally. We love to talk about learning at all levels, as this is at the core of everything we do!
This is an amazing opportunity for you to develop yourself, take a risk or two, meet other like-minded leaders, share learning practices and work collectively with a local and global team. We even have a global learning hub where you can share learning and leadership ideas so we can get better together.
So if this excites you, please apply. We’d love to talk to you.
We are looking for someone who:
• Puts children at the heart of everything they do and cares about their well-being.
• Enjoys being a team player willing to work with, learn from, and help develop others.
• Is an inspiring Head of Subject with a proven track record in making students better
• Has a genuine interest in leadership, getting better at leading and supporting others to improve
• Has experience or ability of teaching Mathematics to GCSE level and A level
• Is someone who recognises and rewards excellent learning
• Is a strong communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others. You want to get better!
• Is committed to their own continued professional development and excited about professional learning conversations with like minded colleagues.
• Is committed to safeguarding and sees the pastoral responsibilities of a teacher as central to everyone’s role.
In return we offer:
• A culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected.
• Passionate, positive, highly skilled, and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
• Allocated support through our Leadership Teams to support you in developing an exceptional learning school.
• An embedded whole trust commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
• A peer network of like-minded leaders.
• A real commitment to work-life balance – we remember we are human beings first and educators second!
• Great employee benefits.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
• Medical coverage
• Relocation allowance
• Fee reduction for children of employees
• Medical insurance
• Flight at the beginning and end of the contract and annually on the subsequent contracts
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.
Co-operates and works with relevant agencies to establish and maintain systems to protect children. We responsible for ensuring the welfare, health and well-being of all children and young people. Creates a vigilant organisational culture which monitors and prioritises the safeguarding of children and young people above all considerations.
Initial interviews will be completed through Microsoft Teams. Final interviews may be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is 19th May 2023 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
Candidates are invited to apply via Jobvite and attach a comprehensive CV with recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of whom must be your current Head of School).
We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. Only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)