Date Added: Apr 28, 2023
ISP Regional Procurement Lead - Iberia Role Profile
Purpose of Role
A leading worldwide international private schools’ operator is looking for a motivated and reliable Procurement Lead to support the schools´ teams in our regional schools. The position will have a flexible location, although it will require regular visits to Madrid´s Regional Office. The ideal candidate will have a procurement background and experience. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a fast pace and growing company, working in an international environment daily. We offer competitive pay, excellent flexible work/life balance and long-term growth opportunities. Your hands-on leadership and engagement will drive a safe, quality driven working environment.
As the Facilities Lead you will report into the Regional Head of Property and Procurement.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential Health & Safety and safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Regional Procurement Lead Key Responsibilities
As the Procurement Lead you will be responsible to:
• Manage and support schools on procurement processes in compliance with regional procurement policy.
• Manage our eSourcing tool to set up new events with suppliers.
• Manage our eSourcing tool with regards of current contracts management.
• Find new suppliers to enrich tenders and ensure best value for money.
• Coordinate suppliers visits with schools when required.
• Create comparatives and ensure quotes are homogeneous in quantity and quality.
• Negotiate final agreements with suppliers.
• Support the Head of Property and Procurement on yearly regional central procurement initiatives (Books, Stationary, Agendas, Notebooks, etc.).
• Update monthly reports with schools’ local initiatives and central savings, registering both, executed benefits and savings, as well as tracking future initiatives.
• Proactively and continuously searching for new saving opportunities.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• 2 years of minimum experience in similar positions.
• Knowledge of procurement processes.
• Negotiation skills.
• Negotiation training is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to positively communicate at all levels and areas.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, needed.
• High attention to detail.
• Self-managing skills to prioritize and timely deliver goals set.
• Problem solution focus.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.