We are looking for a Languages Tutor (Russian); to join our growing school in August 2023.
For all staff in school we share a responsibility to ensure that children are safe and properly supervised at all times. Our school is committed to ‘amazing learning’- providing enjoyable and meaningful learning experiences so that every pupil makes as much progress as possible. All staff are expected to adhere to The Aquila Professional Code of Conduct and commit to promoting our vision – ‘A happy community school with amazing learning at its heart where pupils are empowered to make choices, engage in meaningful learning experiences and make exceptional progress’. Our focus is providing children with amazing learning and to be the school of choice for the community we serve.
The Aquila School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
Key qualities and skills:
- To be able to teach in an enjoyable, creative, and inclusive way, promoting independence, so that every child makes as much progress as possible
- To be able to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school community
- To be able to use initiative, be flexible, fun, proactive and positive
- To be accountable for ensuring that children are inspired, motivated and equipped to make as much progress with their learning as possible through ‘real learning’
- To work collaboratively, coaching, supporting and training colleagues and families
- To have a positive impact on the work of the school
Key duties for all teachers include:
- To ensure children are safe and well cared for at all times
- To plan and deliver creative and engaging lessons, ensuring that children are actively learning throughout each lesson and that every child makes as much progress as possible
- To ensure effective communication and direct the work of others, as appropriate
- To lead extra curricular activities, participating and leading staff training and contributing to the establishment and development of the school community
- To comply with our agreed policies and Aquila Ways
- To actively engage with our school community e.g. through newsletters, informal dialogue, reporting, supporting school functions and contributing to community and marketing activities to make The Aquila School the school of choice for our community.
In addition, all staff are required to carry out any tasks required by the school or the regional office to facilitate the smooth day to day running of the school
To be line managed by the Head of Languages
Hours of work- 8.25am-1:00pm on Sunday or 7:25am-12:00pm on Friday – subject to confirmation at interview, 7.30am-4.20pm Monday to Thursday
Holidays- Winter break, spring break and summer holiday as per the KHDA approved calendar (attendance is required on staff training days)
Remuneration: AED 7,000 per month, plus benefits (as per policy)
Excellent English & Russian speaker
Unceasingly optimistic and a ‘can do’ attitude – calm kind and professional with all members if the school community
Can meet deadlines by effective planning and time management
Experience of an international school
Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
Evidence of continuing professional development
About the International Schools Partnership
The Aquila School is owned by a London based company called International Schools Partnership (ISP). The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our pupils, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA, Spain, Costa Rica, Chile, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, and Mexico educate children and pupils from 2-18 years of age. We have now expanded to 51 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with over 30,000 pupils and 5,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools as the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world who are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more pupils and staff to the group.
Help children and pupils learn to levels that amaze them.
Inspire children and pupils to be successful now and equip them to be successful later.
Are truly international, working in partnerships within and across regions, cultures and languages.
Aim to be the schools of choice for children, pupils and their families, wherever we are.