Teacher - Early Years
Date Added: May 1, 2023
Position: Homeroom Teacher – All subjects
Division: Early Years
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum 2-3 years of teaching experience in the Early Years division.
- Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
- Ability to provide children with a safe, supportive, inclusive, and caring environment.
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to take on added responsibilities.
- Knowledge of early childhood education programmes, techniques, approaches and pedagogies.
- Possess good knowledge of Microsoft Office products like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Jolly Phonics teaching techniques.
- Develops and prepares visual aids and teaching resources as per the lesson requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organises and provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving
appropriate to children's developmental levels and learning styles.
- Plans and modifies classroom setting; oversees safety; supervises children; provides a supportive and inclusive
environment where children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviours.
- Interacts with parents and families; maintains open and cooperative communication with them, encouraging their
involvement in the programme.
- Observes, writes, and compiles individual assessments of each child's development; completes and maintains anecdotal
records, child attendance, and related reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Creates activities that are fun and educational for the children.
- Motivates and stimulates a child's learning abilities by encouraging learning through experience.
- Collaborates with other teachers to ensure that the school fosters an inviting and nurturing environment for every child.
- Participates in various continuous professional development training.