Teacher - Chemistry
This job posting is no longer active.
Date Added: May 1, 2023
Division: High School
- Teaching Chemistry to students according to the requirements of the Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum.
- Preparing curriculum, lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities, managing information on the LMS.
- Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies, and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
- Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
- Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behavior, social development, and health.
- Conferring with teachers, parents, or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioural or academic issues.
- Preparing and implementing remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Attending faculty meetings, professional development training, and school events.
- Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
- Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the School Principal or Division Head or Reporting Manager.
Required Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate in Science/Chemistry/ B.Ed or equivalent teaching qualification
- Strong knowledge of IGCSE pedagogies and curriculum
- Minimum 2 years in the same field of education as teacher for IGCSE/AS/A levels in Cambridge Curriculum school.
- Excellent communication skills and scientific enquiry skills
- Show professionalism in all manners of speech, dress, behavior, and social media communication