Aspen Heights British School
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: May 3, 2023
Assistant Head of Early Years- Non Class based
Key Task: To support the Head of Primary and Early Years and Deputy Head of Primary and Early years in the continuous development of the Foundation Stage.
We want to appoint a colleague who is:
● An exemplar classroom teacher who is committed to their own, and others’ professional development.
● A clear communicator at all levels; direct yet sensitive to other’s points of view.
● Committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
● A supportive colleague- a ‘critical friend’ who maintains confidentiality at all times.
● A good problem solver.
● Highly organised.
● Flexible, positive and adaptable to change.
● Personable, enthusiastic, collaborative and committed.
● Has measurable and significant experience of developing and improving other colleague’s classroom practice.
● Has had a significant impact on driving school improvement priorities.
● Has led a range of training to a variety of groups.
● To be a role model to all in all areas; professional conduct, professional teaching and learning practice and professional development.
● To collaborate with other SLT members to ensure continuous school improvement.
● To ensure the day to day running of the foundation stage is in line with our school vision and aims.
● To raise attainment and improve teaching and learning in the foundation stage
● To lead and implement initiatives to successfully deliver school improvement priorities.
● To reflect on data analysis of the phase, with the Head of Primary and Early Years/ Deputy Head of Primary and Early Years and devise and deliver an action plan securing continuous improvement.
● To carry out looking for learning visits, and support colleagues to improve their classroom practice.
● To co-ordinate monitoring of the foundation stage through observations., planning scrutiny and learning walks.
● To co-ordinate the role of learning assistants working in the foundation stage; their timetable and their performance management in consultation with other leaders..
● To line manage some teachers and learning assistants in the phase.