A Great Learning Opportunity Awaits you in Malaysia!
Tenby International School, Tropicana Aman is part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP). ISP are truly international, working within and across regions, cultures and languages. Their purpose is to help children and students learn to levels that amaze them; to be inspired by learning now and equipped to be successful later. ISP aims to be the first choice for children, students, and families wherever they are. Tenby Tropicana Aman is proud to be part of International Schools Partnership (ISP) a fast-growing global schools’ group in six clusters across the world; Europe, Mexico & Central America, the Middle East, South America, Southeast Asia, and the USA. Our regional cluster includes other Tenby schools across Malaysia.
Our leaders in all schools across Malaysia promote a supportive environment where staff feel determined to do their best and where both effort and achievement are warmly acknowledged. At all levels, our learning clusters provide opportunities for staff to show curiosity, excellence, commitment, integrity, respect and care. Staff and leaders from all schools within the region meet frequently to share outstanding practice and ideas, support each other, and provide learning resources.
Purpose of Role
To assist the Finance Manager in all aspects of financial reporting and compliance conforming to the local statutory requirements and Group Policy.
- Prepare and ensure the timely submission of month end closing for the school’s full set of accounts in accordance with IFRS and local GAAP.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate postings of all journal entries to the General Ledger and sub-ledger accounts, reconciliation of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable accounts and the petty cash account.
- To ensure accruals and provisions are accurately accounted for in accordance with Group Policy.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly cashflow statement in the pro-forma standard stipulated by Group Finance.
- Maintain accuracy of the Trial Balance and ensure data sanity in the financial information.
- Generating financial information in a timely manner to the Finance Manager to review and analyse Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet statements, including but not limited to deferred income account, accruals, provisions, reconciliations, revenue recognition, discretionary spending and capital expenditure.
- Prepare and submit timely financial information to the Finance Manager to aid in the preparation of the school flash reports.
- To assist the Finance Manager in the yearly budgeting cycle and quarterly forecasting cycles.
- To assist the Finance Manager on all required statutory provisions in the yearly external audit and tax filing requirements.
- To ensure all documentation is properly filed and accessible upon request.
- To ensure accuracy and completeness of the school Fixed Asset register.
- To perform any other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Internal: Campus Principals, School Finance Manager, HR team, School Marketing & Admissions team, School Facilities, Procurement and Operations team.
- External: Statutory Auditors, Tax Agents, Company Secretary and Local Regulators (MOE, CCM etc)
- Direct Reporting to the School Finance Manager
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate should possess at least a Bachelor's Degree or a Professional Degree in Accountancy
- Required language(s): English Language (with strong communication & language skills)
- At least 3-5 year(s) of relevant working experience in financial accounting is required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and highly engaging.
- Confident, organised, highly motivated and has the passion and drive in the schools’ operations.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and prior working knowledge of Netsuite is desirable.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Leadership Competencies
- You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
Co-operates and works with relevant agencies to establish and maintain systems to protect children. We responsible for ensuring the welfare, health and well-being of all children and young people. Creates a vigilant organisational culture which monitors and prioritises the safeguarding of children and young people above all considerations.
Please visit our website to find out more about the school: