Aspen Heights British School
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Date Added: May 10, 2023
Assistant Head of Primary- Non Class based
Key Task: To support the Head of Primary and Early Years and Deputy Head of Primary and Early years in the continuous development of the Primary phase of the school.
We want to appoint a colleague who is:
● An exemplar classroom teacher who is committed to their own, and others’ professional development.
● A clear communicator at all levels; direct yet sensitive to other’s points of view.
● Committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
● A supportive colleague- a ‘critical friend’ who maintains confidentiality at all times.
● A good problem solver.
● Highly organised.
● Flexible, positive and adaptable to change.
● Personable, enthusiastic, collaborative and committed.
● Has measurable and significant experience of developing and improving other colleague’s classroom practice.
● Has had a significant impact on driving school improvement priorities.
● Has led a range of training to a variety of groups.
● To be a role model to all in all areas; professional conduct, professional teaching and learning practice and professional development.
● To collaborate with other SLT members to ensure continuous school improvement.
● To ensure the day to day running of the primary phase of the school is in line with our school vision and aims.
● To raise attainment and improve teaching and learning in the primary phase of the school
● To lead and implement initiatives to successfully deliver school improvement priorities.
● To reflect on data analysis of the phase, with the Head of Primary and Early Years/ Deputy Head of Primary and Early Years and devise and deliver an action plan securing continuous improvement.
● To carry out looking for learning visits, and support colleagues to improve their classroom practice.
● To co-ordinate monitoring of the primary phase through observations., planning scrutiny and learning walks.
● To support the role of learning assistants working in the primary phase; their timetable and their performance management in consultation with other leaders.
● To line manage some teachers and learning assistants in the phase.