Description of School
Tenby International School Setia EcoHill is one of the newer schools in the Tenby family and is set in a wonderful 14-acre campus with outstanding facilities. The essence of the school is that it puts great teachers with great students and provides the resources, facilities and freedom to progress with learning. Tenby Setia EcoHill adapts the best of both traditional and modern learning and assessment pedagogy. Results are constantly reviewed, and targets set to continuously improve. Tenby Schools are a part of International Schools Partnership (ISP), a dynamic network of 50 schools in 15 different countries committed to an organisational learning culture of “getting better”.
At Tenby International School Setia EcoHill, we apply a holistic, evidence-based philosophy designed to build the character of students and empower lifelong, independent learning. With our extensive experience in providing international quality education, our educators are able to challenge students on a personal, individualised basis, enabling exposure to repeated experiences that push students towards true breakthroughs in learning.
We currently have over 100 employees with a mixture of Malaysians and Expats from various background and teaching qualification. Our dynamic culture here at Tenby International School Setia EcoHill has grown by leaps to bounds since its inception.
- A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from non-academic staff.
- Access to expertise, best practise sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
- A commitment to employee well-being.
ISP Malaysia - Tenby International School Setia Ecohill
Senior Admission Executive
Purpose of Role
Tenby Setia Ecohill is keen to employ an enthusiastic and capable Senior Admission Executive. The school prides itself on a progressive approach to teaching, with lessons including dynamic collaborative activities and a challenging pace. The successful candidate will be able to lead the department to achieve amazing results.
The school has been growing quickly over the 3 years and the IGCSE results have been strong. The successful candidate will be expected to continue this trend and contribute to the wider school life and other extra-curricular activities.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
- To recruit students for the school (Tenby International School Setia EcoHill) and ensure the student numbers are met as per target set.
- To consult and provide advice, guidance, and information for admissions/enrolment requirement to prospective, current and existing parents/students on courses offered by the School (Tenby International School Setia EcoHill) & other admission related work.
- To maintain a good understanding of best practices and promotional trends.
- To assist in students and guardian on visa process including communicating with LHDN, MOE, and Immigration department
- To assist in renewal of KDN and School license
- To manage and follow-up on inquiries, ensuring all walk-ins, inbound calls and emails are responded promptly, and in a professional manner.
- To handle all relevant documentation on students’ applications and admissions for both visa and student application.
- To secure appointments and follow up with prospects who are not turning up for appointment.
- To actively identify, acquire, and develop new sales opportunities.
- To convert the unconverted leads into opportunities.
- To maintain consistent contact with prospective and existing students throughout the enrolment process and, achieve defined in admission objectives.
- To participate and strategies on student recruitment during Marketing events.
- To participate in sales and marketing events such as education fairs, workshop, school fairs and, other marketing or promotional events.
- Undertake special assignments, ad-hoc functions and related duties as and when required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate degree qualification
- At least two to three year's relevant experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft technology
- Knowledge of video editing, and audio & visual technology will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Excited about modern technologies and eager to learn and improve
- High levels of professionalism
- Excellent oral and written English
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.