This job posting is no longer active.
Laude San Pedro International College
Date Added: May 18, 2023
Job title: Summer Camp English (EFL) Teacher
Reporting to: The Summer Camp Coordinator/ Summer Camp Director of Studies
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history. We will also request satisfactory references covering previous employment.
English teachers will be required to plan and deliver engaging English lessons to students of different ages (7-16), nationalities and abilities. Lessons should be challenging, motivational and fun, based around developing students’ communicative skills as well as giving an insight into British culture. Teachers need to be organised, outgoing and genuinely enjoy working with young people. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain professional experience working with young people in a truly international environment.
● To deliver a comprehensive English programme for mixed-ability students aged 7-16 years old.
● To plan, prepare and deliver high quality English lessons and related administration activities.
● To work as part of the summer school team competently, confidently and professionally, monitoring the students’ performance and providing feedback, praise and guidance in order to ensure that the Summer Camp experience is of the highest quality.
● To be committed to ensure that a positive learning environment is cultivated, in which every single student can learn and feel empowered to make progress in English.
Leadership and Management
To work with the Summer Camp Coordinator/ Director of Studies to ensure the following elements of the Summer Camp are run to the highest standards:
● Pupil Welfare
● Student registration and attendance
● Health and Safety, including working with the nurse
● Student Management - alongside the Summer Camp Coordinator/ Director of Studies
● Native/ near-native (C2) competence in English (written and spoken).
● Flexible, positive and “can-do” attitude to work
● To communicate clearly and resolve any issues quickly and professionally.
● Excellent classroom management skills and able to follow the school’s disciplinary code.
● CELTA/ Trinity Cert. TESOL (or UK accreditation recognized equivalent) or PGCE (in English or MFL).
● Applicants with DELTA or QTS (primary or secondary) are particularly welcomed.
● At least 1 year’s teaching experience with Young Learners is essential.
IMPORTANT: Applicant must have right to work in Spain at the beginning of the activities. Due to the nature and length of the contract, the school cannot accept applications from candidates with no visa or right to work in Spain.
● Previous summer camp/ summer school experience.
● Experience in teaching mixed nationality and ability groups.
● Experience teaching Cambridge exams (B1 PET for Schools and B2 First for Schools)
● To be able to work professionally as part of a team.
● Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and changeable environment.
● To be flexible, friendly and cooperative when working with colleagues.
● To communicate clearly to families, students and staff and resolve any issues quickly and professionally.
● High standards in all areas of work for self and for students.
● Ability to solve issues with/ between students and staff efficiently.
● To communicate effectively and with empathy both verbally and in writing.
At Laude San Pedro we have high academic expectations for all of our students. Our vision is that every child will achieve more than they imagined possible, in a happy and inclusive environment where everyone is supported and encouraged to excel. In addition, our whole community shares a common understanding of the personal qualities and values which we hope all of our students will demonstrate and uphold.
We welcome diversity and have an equal opportunities policy. All suitably qualified candidates will be considered, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religionbelief, sexual orientation or age.
Signed: ………………………………....………………….… Date: ...............................
Name (Print): …………………………………………………………………………………
The above details are not exhaustive and the postholder may be required to undertake tasks, roles and responsibilities as may reasonably be assigned to him/her by the Leadership Team.