Onboarding Finance and Project Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
ISP in Malaysia
ISP operates Asia Pacific Schools, Straits International Schools and Tenby Schools where we are strategically located covering the Klang Valley, Perak, Penang and Johor within Malaysia. Our experience in education excellence helps us provide amazing learning experiences for students as young as 3 years up to 18 years old. The 9 ISP schools in Malaysia follow the international school curriculum comprising IGCSE and A-levels, starting at kindergarten level, while 5 of the schools also offer the Malaysian National Curriculum. While the national and international schools and classrooms are separated, facilities and non-curricular activities are shared between the schools. With over 8,500 students, we have a 60-year history in the country providing education to students and have gained a reputation for excellence and high standards in education.
The role is based at ISP Malaysia’s regional office. We offer a dynamic working environment, attractive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
Purpose of the Role
The ISP Onboarding Finance & Project Manager works directly with the Regional Managing Director, Malaysia in collaboration with the Regional Finance Director (Malaysia) to effectively migrate data from the existing MIS Database to the new Student Lifecycle management platform. It is based at ISP Malaysia’s regional office.
The role is made up of two parts:
i) Onboarding Finance
The role will have a dotted line to the Regional Finance Director and will be responsible for actioning the finance onboarding tasks. They will be the main point of contact with incumbent finance teams or help embed new finance team members as applicable.
ii) Onboarding Project Manager
During phase one of the onboarding process, this position ensures that the onboarding plan is built timely for the school, region and group. During phase two, this position ensures that the plan is applied and delivered. The Onboarding Project Manager will be supported by the Group Onboarding Team to ensure a consistent onboarding approach is adopted across the group and best practice methods are shared.
ISP Onboarding Finance Key Responsibilities
- Reporting, Compliance & Control
- Onboarding of the School into the wider ISP network, ensuring policies and procedures are adopted and ISP practices are followed
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly and tracking information.
- Ensure timely and accurate production of month-end numbers.
- Design internal control systems for all functions in the school to ensure the safeguarding of regional assets and monitor and enforce internal controls.
ISP Onboarding Project Manager Key Responsibilities
- Understanding of key tasks and timelines
- Review the existing scope of work.
- Review the detailed migration plan.
- Stakeholder management
- Building relationships to enable effective influencing of project delivery
- Actively engage all key stakeholders and partners, ensuring that timely and accurate decisions are made to maintain deadlines
- Overseeing the flow of tasks and identifying potential issues for proactive intervention
- Management of Monday.com (project management tool)
- Arrange training for staff new to the application
- Creation of boards for migration from agreed templates
- Tailor the boards with the risks/tasks specific to the migration
- Keep abreast of changes within Monday.com to ensure any impact on board management is identified and planned appropriately.
- Leading regional and divisional onboarding update meetings
- Creating agenda
- Highlighting risks
- Chairing meeting
- Recording minutes and actions
- Updating Monday.com
- Hold people to account for agreeing with timelines and then delivering to those timelines
- Chase up tasks without agreed timelines in place
- Lock timelines once agreed by stakeholders
- Report on actions in danger of or exceeding agreed timelines
- Feedback to Onboarding management
- Ensure consistent data is collected for improvement and reporting purposes
- Propose improvements to the process for consideration by the management team
- Collect, review, and consolidate feedback from stakeholders and report to the onboarding management team
- Working Rhythms
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones to support other regions onboarding if additional resources are required and capacity allows.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- At least 8 years of relevant experience as a Project Manager.
- A methodical, highly organized approach to the execution of assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Strong technical accounting skills, comfortable with system integration and implementation.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to build good working relationships with all members and levels of the organization
- Strong initiative, motivation & integrity, to be able to operate independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English is a requirement
- Preferably a degree holder.
- Experience working with Monday.com (or a similar project management tool)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft O365 (MS Teams and OneDrive)
To be successful in this position, the Onboarding Project Manager must build strong working relationships with the following groups:
- Regional Managing Director
- Group Onboarding Team
- Regional Team
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Well-being and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential Health & Safety and safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
- Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
- Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback, supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
- Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and can motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
- Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
- Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
- Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
- Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
- Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
- Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
- Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
- Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
- Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
- Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organizes, prioritizes and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
- Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness, and skill to understand the values, behaviors, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.